28 minutes ago, ShavenSkaven said:

Ha you guys have one of the best booths at GenCon by far... I was imagining an Alpha Crawler facing off against Teddy in the middle of the walk aisle! :)

From the exhibitor rules (A.k.a "The document that you signed that says you can't!"  Also the reason why no one gives out stickers at Gen Con...):

Displays and activities must be designed so that they do not block or reduce the flow of traffic.  This is a fire and safety consideration that both Show Management and the Convention Center will enforce.

Fire and safety rules are, naturally, enforced by people who have stern faces and repeat several times that enforcing the rules and removing offending items gives them no pleasure.  :ram

There's a reason why the giant D&D exhibits are in the gaming hall, and not the vendor hall.  Although I'm a bit terrified to think how much that costs, given what the table fees and both fees are like.  :huh:

1 hour ago, solkan said:

From the exhibitor rules (A.k.a "The document that you signed that says you can't!"  Also the reason why no one gives out stickers at Gen Con...):

Fire and safety rules are, naturally, enforced by people who have stern faces and repeat several times that enforcing the rules and removing offending items gives them no pleasure.  :ram

There's a reason why the giant D&D exhibits are in the gaming hall, and not the vendor hall.  Although I'm a bit terrified to think how much that costs, given what the table fees and both fees are like.  :huh:

I was just joking about the walk aisle thing and kind of nodding at last years "issue". Other booths started complaining that we were making too much racket during the raffle. I couldn't believe people complained about the shouting... terms/rules or not.

3 hours ago, ShavenSkaven said:

I was just joking about the walk aisle thing and kind of nodding at last years "issue". Other booths started complaining that we were making too much racket during the raffle. I couldn't believe people complained about the shouting... terms/rules or not.

I'm sure some day you'll understand why people complain about the noise and traffic obstructions.  And you'll understand why the various booths that have put in crowd and line management policies have those those policies.  :mellow:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, solkan said:

I'm sure some day you'll understand why people complain about the noise and traffic obstructions.  And you'll understand why the various booths that have put in crowd and line management policies have those those policies.  :mellow:

Again, I was joking about the aisle blocking. I understand the very mature adult seriousness involved in the blocking of walkways and all the risks and dangers involved in obstructing the flow of pedestrian traffic.

So... I hope, within the safety policies, rules and guidelines presented to Wyrd at the time of their contract signing, that Wyrd presents a stimulating (but not too stimulating) display of their manufactured items in a way that provokes the mind to take interest in their game and encourages the buying of their products. Of course in a safe and orderly manner without any unruly or inappropriate outbursts of excitement.

I will certainly think twice before being goofy here again.:-fate

I say you haven't gone goofy enough.

We need the Alpha Crawler fist bumping the Nightmare Whiskey Golem from a couple of years ago over a pathway in the hall.  Wyrd also needs to make the swing on the Golem workable to allow people to swing to their heart's content before launching themselves into the waiting arms of their life-sized Teddy several feet away.

...and I will just be hanging around with business cards offering to help anyone who has an "unforeseen accident" from such an attractive nuisance.   

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Solicitor 6 said:

We need the Alpha Crawler fist bumping the Nightmare Whiskey Golem from a couple of years ago over a pathway in the hall.  Wyrd also needs to make the swing on the Golem workable to allow people to swing to their heart's content before launching themselves into the waiting arms of their life-sized Teddy several feet away.

...and I will just be hanging around with business cards offering to help anyone who has an "unforeseen accident" from such an attractive nuisance.   

LOVE the swing idea. :pulse:pulse:pulse:blast

11 hours ago, Solicitor 6 said:

The only way to make this even more epic would be with some Carlos Vazquez doppleganger playing with fire at the same time. Can't see any weakness in that plan. 

• Like 2

Well, personally I've always wanted the Bloodhound Gang BOOM pipped deafeningly into the convention center while a cage was lowered, epic amounts of choking smoke machines and strobe lights going off, the Big Show dressed up as Killjoy and all comers allowed to get tossed in there to get mangled and tossed around for the amusement of the onlookers while I look on in maniacal glee. :)

Yeah, I probably had too much to drink that night and my inner hillbilly is showing. I miss my grandpa (it's wrasslin' boy!!). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

the Big Show dressed up as Killjoy

I think this leads to the ultimate idea...

Turn the entire vendors hall into a Malifaux board.  Have cosplayers set up as models with Wyrd Staff on cherry pickers as players over looking the floor with microphones to direct the action.  A giant screen showing the fate decks.  Use other booths and patrons as terrain.  cuddle Peacebringers; foam katanas; a wheelbarrow full of firecrackers; wirework for all flying models; real horses for all mounted models.

Surely that would help increase traffic to the booth. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...