Wave 4 Emissary conflux upgrades

Flib Jib

Hello all,

I was Theory-Faux'ing and playing around with Nellie and Brutal Emissary combos and as good as the generic conflux upgrade is, many of the emissaries generic conflux upgrades are far inferior to master-specific upgrades not including all the synergy the specific upgrades offer. I wonder if there were any rumors of wave 4 upgrades on the horizon.

Better yet, to make this post more fun, what would you craft if you could design the wave 4 conflux upgrade?

I’d love to hear clever ideas that are not too broken. The wonderful thing about the master-specific upgrades is that they synergies yet are not broken. Wyrd didn’t want to relive the brokenness of the campaign upgrades again and did a great job imo. I would love to hear ideas that are fun but not OP, any ideas?

The Emissary upgrades were designed to either 1 - buff some of the weaker masters or 2 - encourage an alternate playstyle with some other masters. So, until the design team knows what weaker masters/less popular styles need encouragement in the wave 4 masters, I wouldn't expect Emissary upgrades for them. I'd guess, wildly, at 2018 or 19 as when we might see something. 

I'll suggest trying them out with the generic upgrades, though. Shadow with Asami can be pretty strong, and I have a friend who has had success with Arcane+Sandeep.

• Like 3

Arcane Conflux and Sandeep is strong. Sandeep's big summon (Banasuva) is a minion and thus benefits from the generic upgrade (especially if he's activating at the end of the turn and cannot cheat due to no hand left or Gamin upgrade). His other summon options and some hiring options also benefit greatly (all Gamin are minions, Sanction Spellcasters are minions). Additional card draw is a bonus as well if you're keeping up with the Strategy.

19 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

Arcane Conflux and Sandeep is strong. Sandeep's big summon (Banasuva) is a minion and thus benefits from the generic upgrade (especially if he's activating at the end of the turn and cannot cheat due to no hand left or Gamin upgrade). His other summon options and some hiring options also benefit greatly (all Gamin are minions, Sanction Spellcasters are minions). Additional card draw is a bonus as well if you're keeping up with the Strategy.

Same reasons for Asami/Shadow Conflux. Jorogumo and everything else are minions, and Jorogumo have a very low Ml of 5, so those :+fate flips are really appreciated.