TT Hardcore Henchman

MrDeathTrout

My preferences have changed slightly since the last time we had a similar topic.

My new crew is as follows:

Ototo (leader) with 1ss Recalled Training and 1ss Servant of 5 Dragons

Kang (9ss) with 1ss Recalled Training and 0ss The Peaceful Waters

Tengu (4ss)

Monk of Low River (4ss)

Kang's aura helps Ototo not just lose to horror duels, and Servant giving him WP 5 makes him a little better too.  The Monk can handle conditions and hand out some healing, which is great on two HtK models.  The Tengu can also give a little support with Regen, fly somewhere to hide and hold a point, or occasionally finish off models.  The main caution is not to over-commit Ototo.  He wants to take a beating to maximize his hurt potential, but too much focus fire will drop him.

I have yet to play a HH game, but whenever I do, I'll try this crew I'm in love with:

- Toshiro the Daymio (Leader, Cache 4SS)

- Izamu the Armor (10SS)

- Komainu (5SS)

- Komainu (5SS)

Lots of resilience, damage dealing, sinergies (Komainus giving out slow with Ml6 and :+fate...), and overall, quite "fluffy"  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tried out this list last night.  

Kang (Leader, Cache 4SS)

+ Recalled Training 

+The Peaceful Waters

Izamu the Armor (10SS)

+ Recalled Training 

Monk of the Low River (4SS)

It did very well vs. McTavish, 2x Bayou Gators and The Mech. Porkchop.  I don't recall the upgrades he had.  

My list did VERY well.  He bailed at the end of round 3, it was 6-2. He only had the porkchop left engaged with Kang and Izamu.  I hadn't lost a model and thanks to the monks no one had more than a couple points of damage on them.  He's not very experienced with these models so, and he made several misplays.  I'm sure next time it won't be so lop sided.

I'd like to replace one of the monks, but haven't found anything I'm convinced would give me more for 4SS.  I'm thinking of a Terracotta Warrior for mold of the other, but I'd have to get rid of a Recalled training as well.

I'm also considering swapping Kang for Ototo.

Shadow Effigy maybe? I don't play Hardcore, not really my thing. But he'd be a direct replacement far as SS go. I don't have the card in hand but I'm guessing his (0) buff works on Leaders rather than Masters specifically. Would give different kind of survivability to your crew, potentially harder to take out than the monk and has at least some form of dealing damage.

Just spitballing here.

Shadow Effigy is a definite contender.  It does work on Leader (vs Master).  He'd also be great for finishing off HtK models with his ML7 dmg 1 attack.  I'm sure I'll try him out sooner or later.  His ability would probably work well with Ototo where you want to do hurt him, just not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I just won an 8-player Henchman Hardcore tournament with Toshiro, Izamu and 2 Komainu.

Typically I ran Toshiro and the two Komainu on one flank and Izamu on the other. 
In games with only four models, potentially having 5 AP on two models with Ml 6 :+fate and a built in trigger to slow is just amazing. I also found myself using the Komainu's (0) action to place in base contact with an enemy a lot. Typically, it was used to clear the charge lane for Toshiro or the second Komainu, but it was also used to get close enough to a wounded enemy model to finish it off.

I think the list suffers most against ranged crews. My only non-win today was a draw against a crew consisting of Mad Dog Brackett, 2 Convict Gunslingers and a Bandido. The low df stats of the Komainu and Izamu made it easy for the Convicts to use rapid fire and hit many times- and often with a trigger to make another attack. Luckily the same Convicts die *very* fast once you close in on them, and making them slow takes away a lot of their potential attacks.

• Like 3

This list has been doing really well for me.

Kang (Leader, Cache 4SS)

+ Recalled Training 

+The Peaceful Waters

Izamu the Armor (10SS)

+ Recalled Training 

I've won 4/5 matches and the one I lost Izuma took Red Joker damage turn 1 and turn 2.  The two monks in the back constantly healing durable models like Kang and Izuma have been great.  I think Kang soaked 20+ damage one game and was still in pretty good shape.  I'm going to give a Terracotta Warrior to use Mold of the Other on Izuma.  He'd died twice on me and both times to Red Joker damage.

I recently won a HH tournament with the following list. It proved rather deadly against Ressers and Aracaniats. 

Kang with Equality

Lome Swordsman with Recalled Taining

Rail Worker

Rail Worker

kang was buffing all models against Undead and Constructs. I used Lone Swordsman to take out the opponents  Henchman. Was very effective 

• Like 1