Suggestions for a New Guildie

Akodo Harid

I've recently decided that I want to get new models to paint and play, so instead of rebuying my Outcast stuff, I'm going to dip my toe in Guild for 2017. So, I've settled for Perdita and Nellie being my sole two masters.

Besides the outcast mercs that I already have for Nellie, what are some good things to consider for these two? What are some neat combos that these two can help each other with?

Let's place my budget at $200 for now.

How deep do you want to get into the faction? Perdita brings excellent high cost models and Nellie brings the best cheap scheme runners in guild. Maybe add a couple of austringers or just start with what you get in those two boxes. I might want a durable big guy like the peacekeeper for certain strats.

I'd say I am not interested in collecting the entire faction. Last year I learned that I work much better with mastering fewer tools then having a tool box filled to bursting (My first win was when I committed to mastering two masters rather than getting good with four).

I have Bishop, Ronin, Sue, and Big Jake from Outcast. I hadn't considered the Peacekeeper though since I've never actually seen it on a table.

So, I'd say I want to be able to accomplish schemes, beat down, and maybe heal/protect reasonably well.

• Like 1

Nellie will get a lot of utility out of your Outcast mercs, and Perdita is pretty much playable out of the box. So really, the money here will be to have some utility... which you've already got in your two master choices.

Pistoleros play into Nellie's activation order shenanigans and are Family to key off Perdita bonuses, so they're a good extra cheap minion choice.

If you want some heavy hitters: the Peacekeeper, Ryle or Executioners are good choices.

And even with the 'I only want 2 masters' position, I'd recommend picking up the Lady Justice box set too - The Judge and Death Marshals are just all good models to have.

So... 95 for your master boxes of choice, 21 for the Pistoleros, 45 for Lady J, Ryle for 11, and... 29 to get whatever Guild models appeal to you!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Akodo Harid said:

Thanks for the suggestions! Think I know what I'm going for.

Question though since I quite honestly have never seen the Peacekeeper on the table. When would I pick it as opposed to Bishop or Ryle?

If murder protegé is in the pool for instance. Ryle can hold up pretty well but Bishop is what, 10 wounds df6? I know a lot of models that kill that in one activation. As a beater I would say Bishop is insanely good with Nellie and very decent with Perdita. I guess Bishop with el mayor on him is somewhat tough to kill ;) In the interest of keeping it cheap I would say learning to keep Bishop alive is a fun challenge.

• Like 1

Ok so then I'm leaning towards Spinebuster's list. I have some metal death marshalls for utility (just need to get the cards). The push from The Judge seems really too much fun to ignore though so guess I'm going for Ghost Rider marshalls. Parker got me obsessed with out of turn movement.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Peacekeeper vs Ryle, but I mighhht be able to swing both and stick to budget, which should satisfy my needs quite nicely. Thinking of picking up Alison next month because I dig the sculpt.

Thanks guys for the help!

Johan is so good with both Nellie and your outcasts.  He is the closest to an auto-take my Nellie has.  

Peacekeeper is tougher and hits harder than Ryle.  Ryle is a bit quicker/versatile with his push and his gun is situationally better.  Ryle synergizes with guardians much better than Peacekeeper does.

Abuela is a good model all around, and likes being in a dita crew.

The emissary can do all kinds of fun shennanigans with Nellie.  I haven't been disappointed bringing it into Dita either, but I think I am in the minority on that one.  I will say that giving the emissary plus flips from papa makes it an absolute killing machine, but that is true of many models.

I like the pathfinder with just about anyone, and the traps work really really well with nellie.

The guardian (which I am not sure you can get separately) is one of my favorite models post-errata. <theoryfaux> Giving dita double defensive is going to make her almost impossible to take down, which means you can give el mayor to someone else. </theoryfaux>

Seconding whoever said death marshalls and austringers, I would add witchling stalkers to the list.  Sure they are slow and fragile, but practically min damage three and condition removal.  Yes please.

Dita loves the Brutal effigy, but I haven't needed it for nellie yet.  

• Like 1