Lucky effigy tactics? That exists?

FrumFrim

Hi again from the Bayou with love!

I couldnt resist more and i bought the lucky one!!

Only 4 points...with a taunt...a blade with minimum of 3...but only melee3...armour...hard to kill...

Whats wrong with this mini?? Why is  it not a must in all the list?? 

Except Somer if he goes with a bayou army...with the other master could be nice...

Maybe the gremlins dont need a taunt to protect ours cristal-cannons? Maybe its better heal them?

Have you a tactic? No one loves him?

Mancha says CHALLENGE!, Lucky effigy goes HIT ME!...
Models in overlapping auras need to take tests no matter which model they strike. 

His action that lets masters heal when they flip rams is alright on a master that get loads of +flips(ophelia comes to mind) 

And Mah tucket +flips and + ML really benefits his low ML score. 

A master who can help him out with his 2 actions to "keep up" with other gremlins might be good... Brewmaster using obey and binge aswell as zoraida comes to mind. 

I think he's underrated as a scheme runner when you have to solo schemes and also deal with other scheme runners, if you don't play him badly he will completely gut the bayou gremlin that he has to compete with to get inspection/claim jump on a far edge

his issues though is that he lacks reckless, his low melee and the fact that at 4ss he is in the same bracket as some pretty good models... I mean, add one soul stone and you get a lightning bug or a slop hauler. and if you get to do your schemes unopposed a bayou gremlin would have done the job better.
I could see him having use in the thick of it, seeing him as a cheap inverted Fingers, walking around trying not to get engaged while screaming hit me and giving you points from schemes. 

One of the most difficult to kill models for its cost is nice, but not a reason to take it on its own.

I occasionally use it with Ulix for a little extra healing on him.

Stacking with Mancha Roja and Brewmaster is fun.

And if you can restrain yourself for a long turn and hold onto a couple of face cards (or the RJ preferably) you can do some pretty nasty damage with a focused attack, you just need to make sure your opponent is unable to cheat (perhaps it would be good with brewie actually, if only the effigy had companion and not accomplice)

• Like 1

Guess that the main thing is that other faction get better use out of effigies because they lack of cheap efficient minions. We have a ton of them, so it gets rough to put it on a pedestal. I used it a good amount of times with Somer ,Zipp and Ophelia, every time with good results as tarpitter,  tu aside from that I don't see many other uses for it.

I guess the main thing is that its condition revolve around a random factor (which is card draw), which in comparison to what other effigies offers kinda feel less usefull, since it's unreliable (tho funnier to use ;) ).

One use I have got out of it is as a target for Wong to blast off, it is not as good for this as a stuffed piglet but works quite well as due to armor and hard to kill it can take 3 hits from Wong to kill it. If you have the cards to do it the best situation would be 2 moderate hits to get it to hard to kill and then a severe hit for maximum damage.

Generally it is a solid activation and hit me can draw cards out of opponents but it is not outstanding in Gremlins. It can be good against low defense models though as then its poor Ml stat is less of an issue and the high min damage means you can get good damage off against impossible to wound and hard to wound targets. This is quite a niche situation though.

His buff can essentially make Wong impossible to kill.  Heals every time he flips the suit, not uses it in the final duel.  With all the cards he flips for randomizing, and attacking, and damaging, and then the pulse effect, he can easily heal to full in a couple of attacks.

Theoretically: randomizing into 3 models.  So that's 6 cards, plus 1 for the attack, plus estimate 2 for the damage, and another 4 (at least) for the pulse.  So with 13 cards, that should roughly be 3-4 points healed.  Unless he's shooting into a bigger melee pile, then it just goes up.

44 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

His buff can essentially make Wong impossible to kill.  Heals every time he flips the suit, not uses it in the final duel.  With all the cards he flips for randomizing, and attacking, and damaging, and then the pulse effect, he can easily heal to full in a couple of attacks.

It's when you flip it in a duel, so randomising & the pulses won't heal Wong, sadly.

10 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Generally it seems that Lucky Effigy is very sad panda just like his big brother Emissary...

I actually like the Emissary a lot more than the effigy. He works well with 3 maybe 4 masters. I like him with Som'er, Wong and Zoraida. I can see he could work well with Mah but I haven't played enough Mah games to comment.

I don't think he works with Ophelia or Ulix at all and not sure how he would do with Brewie or Zipp.

The Emissary is a control piece for me and works well when you want to take advantage of the slow/paralysed he can hand out or hold points.

54 minutes ago, PositronMike said:

I don't think he works with Ulix at all

Heh, Ulix is one of two (maybe three) I'd consider. I've had some fair amount of success with the generic conflux (Ulix's conflux is pretty useless imo), stacking up those :+fates for piggies. Not the best choice tho. I really wish that Ulix's conflux turned it into a pig. Or at least let Ulix treat it as a pig.

On 22/02/2017 at 11:08 PM, Dogmantra said:

Heh, Ulix is one of two (maybe three) I'd consider. I've had some fair amount of success with the generic conflux (Ulix's conflux is pretty useless imo), stacking up those :+fates for piggies. Not the best choice tho. I really wish that Ulix's conflux turned it into a pig. Or at least let Ulix treat it as a pig.

I agree Ulix's confux isn't very god and I did try the Emissary with Ulix and I found that it has to replace one of the big pigs in a Ulix list and that effects the summoning too much. Who else would you consider taking the Emissary with?

I bought the Lucky Effigy purely for Brewmaster crews, seeing as an enemy model with Swill on it can actually be reliably hit by Melee 3. The Lucky Effigy did live up to it's name in 2 separate games. Once walking up to Rusty Alice and getting Red Joker damage on a double negative twist, killing her with 10 damage, and another time finishing off an Ice Golem with a Red Joker on damage. 

• Like 5