Missing Golems

Ludvig

Hey!

I feel a distinct lack of golems to go in thematic magey lists with gamin:

Ice gamin have the ice golem.

Metal gamin have the rail golem (obviously the same theme even if I would have preferred the exact same name).

Poison gamin could maaaaybe be said to have the whiskey golem, but they can never appear in the same crew, right?

Where is my wind golem, fire golem and poison golem playable in a list with these models?

In lack of actual models: which models could I use as fill-ins for these golems? 50mm bases would be preferable to smaller ones for proxy purposes.

Is the captain or snow storm a possible wind golem rules wise? Any others?

I guess Banasuva is a fire golem? Other contenders?

That just leaves the poison golem. There aren't any big models with interesting poison interactions as far as I can tell. 

• Like 2

@Cadaverousbirth The problem is that I can't field the whiskey golem in a list with poison gamin and even if I could it has a very different look and it's poison is thematically booze, not animal poison like poison gamin. Since poison gamin are very similar to ice gamin with scorpion tails and beasts I would say that a scorpius proxy made from the old ice gamin with a scorpion's tail would fit my purposes. I might also play Marcus with a rogue necromancy rules wise while using some golemlike model. The necro actually fits the description of a golem decently (in the broadened sense malifaux uses it) although it doesn't have any poison interaction apart from spreading it.

Bad Juju is still refered to as the mire golem in his fluff text in the book. Legend tells us he was a man who entered an agreement with Zoraida and was turned into the golem cause he tried to cheat her. I would say voodoo dolls are closer to the gamin equivalent since they were also created by Zoraida. Waldgeists are forest spirits possibly descended from the fae since all neverborn seem to be. Possibly older than Zoraida and not created by her for sure.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

Banasuva is kind of a fire golem

Yup, that's one of my statements in the original post. :) Too bad it's a master specific model but Sandeep is the perfect master for my golem theme so that's maybe not such big a deal. I'm envisioning a list with Deep, Banasuva painted/sculpted even more fiery, fire gamin, a couple of mages and Kudra and then one other subtype of gamin + golem for theme. Think it would look cool, no idea if it would be remotely playable in a hardcore competitive environment. 

18 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Sounds amazing! I should pickthose books up and delve deeper into the lore. :)

Into the Steam (and the upcoming Core Rules) has a whole host of Gamin and Golem possibilities!

Darkness, Decay, Electric, Fire, Ice, Natural, Poison, Spirit, Terror, Infected, Light, Water, and Wind. :D

Metal is a bit unique in that the secrets of their creation are closely guarded (ala Mei Feng and Ramos really being the only people in on the secret), and the Whiskey variants aren't actually Gamin and Golems so much as constructs the Gremlins built to mimic those creatures.

• Like 5