Mei Feng vs Sh and Ca

H4ml3t

I recently played Mei into a Seamus crew that focused almost entirely on Shooting and Casting. I knew Mei was good in these situations but I had no idea how good. My opponent conceded after Round 3 when the score was 5-0.

Corner Deployment. Collect the Bounty. Schemes were Claim Jump, Dig Their Graves, Accusation, Show Of Force, Search The Ruins

He took Dig and Accusation. I took Claim and Show. I kept my beaters (including Joss and Kang to score Show) in a double negative  bubble of steam near the center and deployed my Soulstone Miners in opposite corners at the end of Turn 1.

The one time he accused me I used another model to kill the enemy engaging the accused model and then the accused removed the condition. He never killed anything to score Graves or Bounty.

The Deployment, Strat, Schemes and oppossing crew were a perfect storm for Mei's Steam to wreak havok on my opponent's plans. He also made a mistake in not shifting his focus to my SS Miners who were unsupported in the corners.

42 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Hope he learned his lesson. It's like facing an all incorp crew without casts.

Couldn't he just punish Mei herself? She vents in a pulse so she is vulnerable herself right?

It's a :aura, so she benefits as well (and it would be super weird if it was the other way, lol)