Frame For Murder

Lucky_Dice_6

Hallo fellow Neverborn players,

Now that Frame For Murder is offen in the scheme pool we need a way to play arround it.
it is always a mind game about whaat moddel is the sucker but how do you anwser the model without giving points.

Iggy is big here because givving a lot of burning.
we can paralyse a model with pandora or dreamer.
Using the Vodoo Doll

Are there other smart ways within NB to fight FFM? 

I think Frame for Murder is quite a bad scheme for Neverborn. We don't have a great many ways of avoiding it and are a faction full of damage dealers (either directly or indirectly) so its fairly easy to score against us.

Wicked dolls and their poison tricks are ok, though I would say voodoo doll is probably the easiest. Another way would be to use Lilith's Rooted which I believe gives them a condition which if they are pushed will deal damage.

In return Neverborn have quite a few abilities that deal damage so its worth watching out for them. Like having Fears Given Form on a model and your enemy walking into the engagement and purposefully failing its flip to get the points. Or getting down to 1 wound and then hitting something with black blood. Or Misery! 

On 2/24/2017 at 7:24 AM, Dryzen said:

On the bright side, we have a lot of fantastic FFM targets in neverborn.

This is why I was excited to see it move up to suited. Nekima, Huggy, the Mature and Bad Juju (Usually with Eternal Fiend) are some of my favorite FFM targets.  If it's in the pool, even if I don't take it, unless my opponent has a good way of killing a model out of activation or paralyzing I'm just going to throw my biggest threat directly at them a lot of the time.  They're faced with the choices 1. scattering their crew to minimize the number of models that can be affected 2. Biting the bullet and dedicating turns 1 (1-2 ideally) dealing with the threat, and getting me 2-3 points or 3. Just dying.

It can be even funnier if I didn't even take FFM.  Or put it somewhere else.  I think you can't help but assume that the Nekima who is completely overextended is the target.  If you want to go super mind games, put FFM on someone else.  Once they bite the bullet and kill Nekima, then say "That's two points for you then?" you say "Nope."  And then they start to figure which of the other 4 schemes you took.  Then they smack the Doppleganger and you say "Ok, that's 3." ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far in my short Malifaux career I've liked Widow Weaver as FFM target. Cheap, eats some cards, people seem to want to get rid of her, and she'd never vital. Losing webs can be a bummer.

Against FFM paralyze and Collodi look nice enough. I don't think this is a bad scheme for Neverborn at all.

What a coincidence, I am explaining my hate for FfM in a topic about gg2017 in a topic in malifaux discussion xD

Which is in your opinion the better way to eliminate enemies in this scheme? Iggy with burning? The bandersnatch? The poison if the ww? Thanks for the advices

FFM is a huge bonus to schemy masters like Nellie and Colette. The games are completely different if FFM is in the pool or not.

Not being able to hurt their crews for fear of FFM lets them basically have 3 turns of peace. The alternative choice is running the risk of giving them 2-3 VP.

Additionally, the new upgrade Numb to the World for Guild lets them have one big beater completely immune to almost anything we may have to deal with a beater without killing it (ignoring conditions lets you avoid paralized, rooted, slow...). And it only costs 1SS.

It also sucks that FFM triggers on abilities such as Black blood, Misery, Fears given form...

The voodoo doll helps of course but that is sucking a lot of AP and is not so easy if the opponent is used to it.

I really hate this scheme and the fact that it is suited makes me a very sad Panda...

• Like 1

I like that it reins in the killiest builds. The kill 'em all builds seem to be the ones that do best in general. It's arguably still even worth it to just go in heavy handed with enforcers and kill everything and just eat the 2vp if you happen to take out the sucker. For those really obvious targets you could keep a couple of codition-granting models on hand.

• Like 1