Clockwork Trap

Dassenkop

Not sure I understand the consequences of the trap's attack action correctly.

Assume an enemy model ends a move, push or placement within the 2" range of the trap and the Trapping Jaw attack is succesfull + the :crow triggers the 'Clamped On' ability.

During the next turn the model activates resulting in the 'Clamp Down' ability to activate with the enemy model taking a TN 13 Wk duel. Whether this duel is succesfull or not what happens if the enemy models moves, is pushed or placed as long as the 'Clamped On' ability is active?

First the trap may be placed in base contact but will the 'Trapping Jaw' attack activate again as well?

What if the enemy model only attacks, looks like the 'Trapping Jaw' attack will not activate despite it being 'Clamped On' from the previous turn.

The attack can still be taken if the enemy model ends a move near you, it doesn't interact at all with the condition. At the end of their activation you then get to place the trap next to them so they need to test yet another time the following turn. If they attack you don't get to make attacks but they will be engaged so they won't be able to shoot, interact or score for interference. You also get to take disengaging strikes if they try to leave your cosy trap (as usual). If they elect to ralk without disengaging you get to hit them.

Traps are basically a mild inconvinience.

Thx. Ludvig. 

Not sure I get it but do you mean that once the trap is 'Clamped on' it can be placed in base to base contact with the model once that models end it's move.

After placing the trap in btb contact with the model the trap can attack with it's Trapping Jaw attack action ... potentially hitting the 'Clamping on' trigger again for a next turn.

25 minutes ago, Dassenkop said:

Thx. Ludvig. 

Not sure I get it but do you mean that once the trap is 'Clamped on' it can be placed in base to base contact with the model once that models end it's move.

After placing the trap in btb contact with the model the trap can attack with it's Trapping Jaw attack action ... potentially hitting the 'Clamping on' trigger again for a next turn.

No, it doesn't jump for each move, it follows the enemy "at the end of the activation" so when your opponent declares "I'm done doing stuff with this model" you get to move your trap. It will not get to attack at that point since your trap is finishing a move or place near your enemy but your enemy didn't finish anything near your trap. Therefore you will often lose the clamped on condition after that turn unless they move around within your engagement range.

• Like 1

If already clamped on, it does allow you to stay with them if they succeed with disengaging strike out gets away by some other means. If they fail the disengaging strike or simply move with in engagement you're going to get to strike them for real.

Here's one... Are clamp down tests simultaneous if multiple traps are engaging a model? If so multiple tests can be forced.

3 hours ago, newsun said:

If already clamped on, it does allow you to stay with them if they succeed with disengaging strike out gets away by some other means. If they fail the disengaging strike or simply move with in engagement you're going to get to strike them for real.

Here's one... Are clamp down tests simultaneous if multiple traps are engaging a model? If so multiple tests can be forced.

You become immune the instant you pass the first one, it's in the ability description. Even simultaneous effects areresolved in order and can affect the continuation of later effects in that "que" that had the same timing.

I believe it has been faq'd that failing a disengaging strike isn't conaidered ending a walk. Not 100% but it's bren up for discuasion in the rules threads.

17 hours ago, Ludvig said:

You become immune the instant you pass the first one, it's in the ability description. Even simultaneous effects areresolved in order and can affect the continuation of later effects in that "que" that had the same timing.

I believe it has been faq'd that failing a disengaging strike isn't conaidered ending a walk. Not 100% but it's bren up for discuasion in the rules threads.

The rules have always been that if you fail to disengage, you aren't allowed to take the walk action, so you can't end a walk action that you haven't taken. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, newsun said:

I looked it up on beginning of activation effects, Pg 33 states that if you have multiple at the start of activation effects, you choose the order, so they are not simultaneous.

That is how you handle it whenever stuff happens at the same time. Damage from blasts and pulses, end of turn consitions, you name it. Nothing is ever truly simultaneous.

Congrats on your first step to becoming a rules lawyer! ;)

12 hours ago, newsun said:

Ha, first step! That's a good one. Been playing miniature games for over 20 years, this is definitely not my first step.

My bad, I must have missed your posts here. I was referring specifically to posts on here, there is a small group of ususal suspects that tend to jump on rules queries and provide rulebook quotes as soon as something is posted. Congrats on yet another step on the road towards your inevitable fate then ;)