Relent to Yin

Dassenkop

Yin has the attack action - The Real Behind the Eyes - which as a range of 8. The damage spread is 1/2/4.

Would it be possible to have a friendly Relent to this attack, after a possible cheat fate flip, in order to trigger :mask Look and Be Afraid to activate? This trigger will, after damaging, push Yin into base contact with the target.

For Relent Yin will flip a card while the defending model does not. Once fipped 3 cards will be flipped for the damage due to the :-fate:-fate result so, hopefully, the damage to the friendly model will be 1.

The idea would be to also cheat Yin's attack flip with any :mask card for the Look and Be Afraid trigger to activate.

Not sure I got all the rules in order hence the question.

• Like 2

Yep.  You can relent with opposed duels with a model your guy considers friendly so when Yin attacks they can relent.  Relenting does not let the defender declare any triggers but does not stop the attacker.  As long as the trigger does not state enemy model you can perform it on your own guys.  So you could do this to try and get the extra movement out of Yin, at the expense of some damage.  The only problems you will ever have is the time you flip the black joker, as you will deal no damage, or that time you flip three severe cards and deal 4 damage.

I was so sure this thread was someone trying to get talked out of buying her ;) I'd say it's a solid opening move (for her, not for the start of a turn) to move 8 instead of 4 at the cost of a single point of damage to your pal. She should be in the thick of it after that, 8 inches almost get's you to the center line so the next attack could be against an enemy.

• Like 1

Note that it's hard to do this twice in a row -- flight doesn't allow pushes to ignore intervening models -- so you'd move 16", but you'd need a 90 degree angle in there to do so, so it's really 11.3".  You will move further if you attack, hit the trigger, then fly over the next model.

But it's a cool idea to engage an enemy model that is out of line of sight around a corner!

13 hours ago, Terwox said:

Note that it's hard to do this twice in a row -- flight doesn't allow pushes to ignore intervening models -- so you'd move 16", but you'd need a 90 degree angle in there to do so, so it's really 11.3".  You will move further if you attack, hit the trigger, then fly over the next model.

But it's a cool idea to engage an enemy model that is out of line of sight around a corner!

If only there was some sort of rule readily available on fast models in ressers that stated "This model ignores, and is ignored by, other models and terrain during any movement or push." Oh wait, night terrors are incorporeal, move fast and are dirt cheap! Just use one of those to get where you want while also wasting enemy activations. If you don't like them there's a swarm of other incorp models. :) 

Yin can't target a models she can't see though, so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that last part about engaging things you can't see.

8 hours ago, Ludvig said:

If only there was some sort of rule readily available on fast models in ressers that stated "This model ignores, and is ignored by, other models and terrain during any movement or push." Oh wait, night terrors are incorporeal, move fast and are dirt cheap! Just use one of those to get where you want while also wasting enemy activations. If you don't like them there's a swarm of other incorp models. :) 

Yin can't target a models she can't see though, so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that last part about engaging things you can't see.

Someone mentioned moving Yin 16" in a turn, I'm saying that doesn't quite work out as flying isn't incorporeal.  If they meant over 2 turns, sure, np.

If Yin can't see a model due to blocking terrain, she can hit a friendly person, move 8", have 1 AP left, and then have LOS to the model.  This is relevant if a 4" walk wouldn't get LOS to the target.

7 minutes ago, Terwox said:

Someone mentioned moving Yin 16" in a turn, I'm saying that doesn't quite work out as flying isn't incorporeal.  If they meant over 2 turns, sure, np.

If Yin can't see a model due to blocking terrain, she can hit a friendly person, move 8", have 1 AP left, and then have LOS to the model.  This is relevant if a 4" walk wouldn't get LOS to the target.

If you use a friendly model with incorporeal as your first target I'm saying that you could easily move 16 inches in the same turn since everyone is allowed to move and push through incorporeal models. I wasn't rying to be snide, just phrasing my answer in a less dry way.

I agree on the second part, just wasn't sure if you meant going directly towards the enemy somehow.

• Like 1