We're currently updating the site and a few things may run slow or not as expected at the moment. Give us a day or two to get everything sorted out and changed up if you would.

One of the new things you'll see about are the 'sticky notes' which you will occasionally see from the site Admins if something important shows up or is newsworthy, or if you happen to be in one of our many beta testing groups giving you an additional heads up when something new needs to be looked at or sorted.

You can send these amongst yourselves as well if you wish, just don't abuse it. 

Thanks for your patience!

Nathan Caroland Nathan Caroland
Sign in to follow this  
maca1066

eat your fill/Lie Down and Nap vs hunting bow

Question

maca1066   

my question is how does ending activation triggers/abilities when doing an out activation action generated by something like hunting bow.

if I have shot my gracie up the rear and she keeps charging until she fails to kill and I hit the crow trigger what happens? because it is not her activation and the trigger says end this models activation? separately can I eat my fill? how does that work? I assume I don't just keep charging as its not my activation.

of note unlike obey you can still declare triggers with hunting bow which is part of the balance I believe. 

4 answers to this question

Phinn   

Malifaux FAQ & Errata - Actions and Abilities Found Across Multiple Factions:

71) Can a model use the Eat Your Fill Ability outside of its own Activation (for example, while being Obeyed)?
Yes. It may still heal and simply does not have an Activation to end.

solkan   

See also question 48 in the core mechanics section: (last paragraph of answer)

48) If a model’s Activation is ended by an Action or an Ability, what happens? What if it was not Activating?

If a model is performing its Activation and its Activation is ended by an Action or Ability, then the model’s Activation immediately ends. It may not take any further Actions, resolve any of its Triggers which have not happened yet (even if they were declared), or do anything else that happens during its Activation; it moves to the end Activation step.

If an Action or Ability which ends a model’s Activation is applied to a model outside of its Activation (such as during an Action caused by Obey) there is no effect.

(Added white space because I can't get highlighting to work at the moment.).