eat your fill/Lie Down and Nap vs hunting bow

maca1066

Question

my question is how does ending activation triggers/abilities when doing an out activation action generated by something like hunting bow.

if I have shot my gracie up the rear and she keeps charging until she fails to kill and I hit the crow trigger what happens? because it is not her activation and the trigger says end this models activation? separately can I eat my fill? how does that work? I assume I don't just keep charging as its not my activation.

of note unlike obey you can still declare triggers with hunting bow which is part of the balance I believe. 

4 answers to this question

Malifaux FAQ & Errata - Actions and Abilities Found Across Multiple Factions:

71) Can a model use the Eat Your Fill Ability outside of its own Activation (for example, while being Obeyed)?
Yes. It may still heal and simply does not have an Activation to end.

• Like 1

See also question 48 in the core mechanics section: (last paragraph of answer)

48) If a model’s Activation is ended by an Action or an Ability, what happens? What if it was not Activating?

If a model is performing its Activation and its Activation is ended by an Action or Ability, then the model’s Activation immediately ends. It may not take any further Actions, resolve any of its Triggers which have not happened yet (even if they were declared), or do anything else that happens during its Activation; it moves to the end Activation step.

If an Action or Ability which ends a model’s Activation is applied to a model outside of its Activation (such as during an Action caused by Obey) there is no effect.

(Added white space because I can't get highlighting to work at the moment.). 

• Like 2