Fears Given Form + Headhunter

Rathpex

Hi All,

im searching from an iPad so I can't find the exact answer as the search functionality sucks. 

As the topic says: opponent activates a model, fails the DF14 takes 3 damage and dies. 

Does the model drop a head token for headhunter? 

Would appreciate page references to the  rulebook 

(I have a vague recollection of models dying to a condition not having counted as being killed by an enemy model but this isn't a condition)

cheers :)

Rath

FAQ #3:

Q: If a model is killed by an Ability or Action, which Crew counts as having made the kill?

A: When a model is killed as the result of an Action, the Crew controlling the Action counts as having made the kill. If a model is killed by an Ability, the model with the Ability counts as having made the kill.

PS: Sorry, I didn't read the question carefully enough, please disregard.

Just now, Nikodemus said:

Fears Given Form reads :  "This model gains the following Ability"

As per above FAQ entry, model with the ability (in this case FGF) counts as making the kill and will therefore get to place a head marker.

That's what I rushed to think, too, but the FAQ states only which Crew counts as killing, not which model. The Headhunter text reads:

Whenever a model kills or sacrifices a non-Peon model which it considers an enemy, the model which made the kill must place a 30mm Head Marker [...]

(emphasis mine)

FAQ entry you quoted states: "  If a model is killed by an Ability, the model with the Ability counts as having made the kill. "

FGF is an ability. If say my Barbaros with FGF is standing next to an enemy minion who dies to my FGF, Barbaros counts as doing the kill and gets to place a head marker.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

FAQ entry you quoted states: "  If a model is killed by an Ability, the model with the Ability counts as having made the kill. "

FGF is an ability. If say my Barbaros with FGF is standing next to an enemy minion who dies to my FGF, Barbaros counts as doing the kill and gets to place a head marker.

Wow, you're right. I got tripped into double-thinking it by looking at the Q part of the FAQ.