Kirai without the gribblies for shifting loyalties

Longstrider

Hey all,

So my local kicked off a Shifting Loyalties campaign and I'm really tempted to get in on it, with something fresh. Kirai, Reva and Molly draw me from Ressers as (pretty much for my first time) I'm seeing undead/necromancer characters who aren't just terrible people. I'm still not into the gribbly fleshy stuff though, so I was wondering how Kirai (well, for shifting loyalties I'd start with Datsu-Ba and work my way into Kirai) would do without the Hanged, Drowned and Flesh Construct, which pullmyfinger suggests. Basically I'd like to do a small side-faction rather than go whole hog, much like I did with a small selection of Arcanists. Ideally they'd be fun to play outside of the campaign-specific stuff too.

Thanks!

Ooh, Shikome are right on the money. As you say, not really gribbly at all. I've already got Izamu from having 10T Yan Lo, and I can probably live with Gaki. :P It's mainly Hanged & Drowned and the Flesh Construct to summon off of that aren't really doing it for me, and giving up on Belles seems like a big deal too, since a way to lure into the bubble around Kirai would be handy.

Another question to answer the question of "can I do without this disturbing sculpt?" is "are you and your meta comfy with the idea of conversions?" :) You won't be the first to make a less grisly Resser model for personal aesthetics. A belle holds a parasol: that's their visual marker. If you can make a parasol or rob a rotten belle's sprue of one that could be added to a less gruesome base model that is just painted to be dead. I'd think one of the two standing field reporters would do very nicely. Maybe even more so if you follow the lore: reporter > undead > undead reporter > Molly > belle. (Reporter-without-her-camera-tripod has a stance which requires one. I'd take the visual cue from The Other Side and, like Charles Edmonton, alter her to be some sort of gunner with a stand mounted beneath the barrel. Freikorps trapper in urban camo, anyone?)

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 5:53 AM, Adran said:

An alternative model to the flesh construct to summon from is the shield bearer. With some forward planning you can get 4 summons and a soulstone from it before it finally dies for good. 

Two night terrors are similar in that you can get 4 summons from them, and they're a little easier to position w/ their 6" incorporeal walk.  They're a little easier to heal too from Lost Love, although that's usually irrelevant as you'd rather heal what you summoned.

I was definitely thinking of getting Night Terrors at some point - they just seem like generally useful models. Bete Noire fits my bill, and I DO have an MPPK that's unassembled - think there's a parasol on there. Heck, given Molly's often cute stories, it'd be funny to have a Beau instead of a Belle, too. Alternate option is to just use performers and paint them up grey or green or otherwise pale, maybe. Either way, Molly seems like a good second master to get into eventually... and there, small side faction idea is falling away. :P The Kirai/Molly buddy movie Take Back the Night short from Crossroads is pretty great, and Reva also fits the bill of Necromancer-who-isn't-a-twerp...