New to game, looking for some advice and clarifications

littlepinkbeast

Hello!  I'm Lory, nice to meet you all.  I recently read through the free rules PDF for Malifaux and thought it looked interesting, so I picked up a couple of boxes - Ophelia's Kin and Tara's Herald of Obliteration - and now I have some questions.

First, where do I find upgrade cards like "Dirty Cheater" that get mentioned in the wiki pages, but which didn't come with the starter boxes?  Are those in decks somewhere, or from other starter boxes, or what?

Second, can the Young LaCroix reload Ophelia with upgrades she didn't buy at the start of the game, or only ones she took in the first place and then discarded to Plink or using the 1 action?  I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything on it.

Third, is this even the right place for clueless newbie questions?  I'm sure I'll have more of them soon enough.

Welcome.

Yes this is the correct place.

Yes, I believe the young La Croix can reload Ophelia with upgrades she doesn't take at the beginning.

The upgrades are all in the various books that have come out. In order to get copies of the cards you can get individuals from Wargames Vault. There is also a collected deck with the all the upgrades from the first two books, and a collected deck with all upgrades from the fourth.