Monthly Painting Challenge 2017 enrollment

prof_bycid

21 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

is there a generally accepted number for a reasonable file size ? 

@Burnin' Coal There may be a limit set by Wyrd, not sure.  I try to keep my images to ~200 kb or less.  I have an embarrassingly old version of Windows on one computer that still has Picture Manager on it.  I simply use edit the photo and select Compress, for docs, and it makes it about 250 kb.  A bit of cropping and I'm there.  You can also pull this off in GIMP or Photoshop.  There may be other quick ways, but I notice that Windows 10 had dropped the very quick and easy Picture Manager.

Edited by prof_bycid

On 26/2/2017 at 11:15 PM, Burnin' Coal said:

Having never posted photos on this site yet could someone please point me to a link or sticky (I can find neither) on how to post photos/file sizes etc ?....preferably avoiding photobucket if at all possible - thanks 

I have been using photobucket to a great success and I'm not a guy who is patient with computers. If you are afraid of using it, I just want to let you know that you should not :)

Okay, I have the following just-joined folks on the tracking sheet now:

CactusJack, tallghost, UncleBuster, and ringsnake.  Welcome all!  We have now passed 35 painters!

Ringsnake:  what level do you want to join at?  Also, I am going to stop checking this thread soon, so be sure to post, finished models especially, in the monthly installment of the Monthly Painters Challenge, so I can ensure you get the credit for your work.

Cheers all!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

Okay, I have the following just-joined folks on the tracking sheet now:

CactusJack, tallghost, UncleBuster, and ringsnake.  Welcome all!  We have now passed 35 painters!

Ringsnake:  what level do you want to join at?  Also, I am going to stop checking this thread soon, so be sure to post, finished models especially, in the monthly installment of the Monthly Painters Challenge, so I can ensure you get the credit for your work.

Cheers all!

Emissary. Always going to try to do at least five or six models a month just in Malifaux.

• Like 1