Monthly Painting Challenge 2017 enrollment

prof_bycid

Hello Malifaux painters!

I am continuing the painters challenge tradition run recently by Jaxx23 and Vaiuri.  These rules will largely follow those of Vaiuri, as they worked really well this past year.  This will be monthly challenge that will run until December 2017 (just so we can line up with the calendar for the next one).  Sign up here at any of the levels below.  Masters count for 15 SS.  I will name each monthly thread with the title Monthly Painters' Challenge, to distinguish it from the previous Painters Challenge (especially since we will have both up Feb and March).

Category

• Minion - paint between 1 and 5 stones a month.
  • Enforcer - paint between 6 and 10 stones a month.
  • Henchman - paint between 11 and 15 stones a month.
  • Master - paint between 16 and 30 stones a month.
  • Emissary - no limits, anything over 30 stones!

Declare which category you with to enter when you sign up.  You can drop down during the year, but not up - so be ambitious!

Submissions

At the start of each month I will start a new thread that will contain all the WIP photos and banter for that months entries.  Use these threads to chart your progress, offer feedback, ask questions and enjoy the journey!  At the end of the month, update the thread with a picture of what you have completed for the month with a stone total and I will add it to our tacking sheet.  I will get a link up to this soon.

Mulligans

Life stuff happens.  Everyone gets 2 mulligans - that is, on 2 separate months you can declare the use of a mulligan and your score will be 0 for the month.  You are allowed to carry over part finished models from one month to the next, they count when done.

Time Frame

We will start the new challenge in March 2017.  See if you can find others that are interested.  I will post a notice in the main Malifaux forum. 

Mechanics

I will try this to start:  at the beginning of each month, post what you are going to paint.  At the end, post a photo, model names, and total Soul Stone Cost painted.  I will add the SS to the tracking sheet.  So, a bit different than last year: post pleges and completed models in the month for which they were painted.

More info to come.  I hope lots of people are ready to join in!

Cheers,

prof_bycid

• Like 8

@Boomstick you're an Emissary!

@so_diogenes welcome aboard!

@KrazyIvan  I have thought the same thing.  Next year, a terrain making monthly challenge.

@RustAndTheCity  Great.  Love seeing your painting.

@Caiti-Erin  Jump in at whatever level you think.  You get 2 Mulligans.  If you only get 2 SS painted some month, you just drop to that level.  I don't want to kick anyone out, it's about building a painting community.

Edited by prof_bycid
Typo: though --> thought
  • Like 3

@Sandmann  Welcome!

@Phinn  Hmm, well, 1 SS a month with two missed months would be Minion.  Less than that I would need to come with a new name.  :)

@SoylentRobot  Okay, I admit it.  I already had you signed up, and am just telling you now.

@drear_squid  Are they similar to 10 SS beatsticks?  Yes, carver for Killjoy is fine, I'll sign anything (grabs SS Level Transfer Form) and scribbles a signature (in triplicate).

@Burnin' Coal  Primed is fine, as long as the existing primer remains on the outside.  So you need to paint underneath it.  Wait, How would you photograph it, then.  Nevermind, let's just say primed is fine.  :)

@LordZombie  Welcome, LZ!

@KrazyIvan  Changed on the sheet!  You're a master.

• Like 2