Jorugumo Outside of Asami

10T Simon

Hi all

Have you been able to fit our big spider demons into any lists outside of Asami (where I summon rather than hire them). With so many great models around the 9 SS mark I find it hard to see where they might fit in... I've put together a list with Misaki which I'm keen to try out. Have you had any luck with them in any other crews. (Bare in mind I don't have Mcabe or Lynch yet)

here is my list I;m ken to try

Misaki

Stalking Bisento, Misdirection and Recalled Training. 4SS Cache

Shang

Yamaziko

Smoke Grenades, Smoke and Shadows

Shadow Emissary

Conflux  of Thunder Upgrade

Graves

Peaceful Waters

Jorogumo

Monk of Low River

16 minutes ago, Somnicide said:

A slight Jorogumo divergence - has anyone used an Oiran for a conversion for the body?

I used an oiran upper body/head/arms and put it in the spider-body from a GW Goblin Spider Rider with a bunch of green stuff to connect them prior to the real model being released. It is muuuuch smaller than the real model which 1) makes it a very poor match to the actual model and 2) makes it possible to actually transport.

1 hour ago, tomjoad said:

Not a great picture (and, if I'm being honest, the final product looks a bit slapdash anyway, this being my first attempt at using greenstuff), but here's the idea.

Honestly, I like your model way more than the released ones. Not (only) because the "feminine" theme, but because as you already said, I'd could actually transport and play it.

Seriously, I'm kind of pissed off with the size of the Jorogumo, to the point to not even consider to play (and obviously buy) them ever.

• Like 1

These are the ones I built before the official ones came out. I still want to get the real ones, but I have no inclination to smash them on the tiny bases and transporting them will be a pain, too. :-/

Gorgeous models, but really wish they had the same scaling issues the Mounted Guards had ... :D

IMG_20170211_100720.jpg

• Like 4

I've run them a few times with Shen Long, and had mixed results. At their best I had one Jorgumo tie up Hungering Darkness for 3 turns (healing up by killing other models with Eat Your Fill twice), and at their worst their big base meant having to walk all the way around some terrain to kill something like a Terror Tot!

I find being able to push them and give them fast they can be a real threat, as with their (0) you can potentially get 4 attacks.  That said if I want a hard hitting and expensive minion I'm generally inclined towards taking the Dawn Serpent which has just never let me down - their ML is better and flight can be a lifesaver depending on terrain!

For something like turf war/extraction though where things are gathering in one place then a fast Jorogumo can be pretty nasty!

They are ridiculously large though... which is why I only have one!

• 2 weeks later...

I love them with McCabe.  A Reactivated Nimble Jorogumo is fearsome!  Unless there are a lot of Corpse & Scrap markers out I'm not a huge fan of them with Asami.  Too many of their points are invested in being durable (Eat your Fill, HtK, HtW) to be worth summoning them for a single round.  I usually get more millage out of a Yokai for a low corpse/scrap summon.