frozenbunnysteak

Hi,

I first picked up some Malifaux minis a long while ago and then never got much of a chance to see the guys I was planning to play with, and they've been sitting on a shelf since.

I recently decided to get them painted up and actually get ready to play (and couldn't resist picking up some new ones), but the problem is, some of the minis I have are the old 1st edition ones.  I've got hold of the updated card packs, but it's left me in a bit of a quandary over how I'd get hold of certain models.

I have the old metal Somer boxed set, and the old plastic Wong single.  That means that I have the masters, but not their henchmen/enforcers or totems.

Is there any way of getting hold of the models I want without having to buy doubles of the models I already have?

Failing that, does anyone have suggestions for proxies?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

gadzooksgaming.com sells singles, which could be quite expensive, and probably isn't worth it if you're not in the US because of shipping

if it's not hugely more expensive you might get away with buying a second som'er box set, yes you'll double up on Lenny and Som'er which is unfortunate, but to summon you need more than four bayou gremlins anyway, and then you'd get the skeeters too. Otherwise I would recommend trying to track down the old metals if possible (they also have the advantage of not being absolutely huge).

for Wong I have no advice, other than to say that the lovely assistant isn't quite so important to Wong as some other totems to their masters, but I can understand why you'd want her anyway (and Mancha Roja is just cool)

As Dogmantra said, another Som'er box would be a good idea. You can never have enough Bayou Gremlins. I actually did the same thing and sold the spare Lenny on eBay.

As for Wong, you can run him without anything from his box. Wong excels with any 'elite' crew, or pretty much anything really - in fact, I think the old '1.5 ed' plastic Wong model is in good demand because of people looking to get him on the cheap. You can always pick up his crew box later if you want the contents (although the Lightning Bugs are available separately) and sell the spare Wong on.

Well Som'ers henchman is Lenny who was produced singly in metal so he shouldn't be an issue. Som'ers totems are the same and were also available singly in metal. My local shop may have both of those, I can check if you are interested.

As for Wong...well your best bet is going to be Gadzooks Gaming, they sell disassembled crew boxes for those of us that owned the previous metal editions and want the new options that aren't available outside of the new plastic crew boxes. Their stock does fluctuate but they are currently showing Lenny, The Lovely Assistant, Mancha Roja, and the Skeeters as available. I didn't list the Lightning Bugs because you can already get them separately.

I have purchased from them before and always had a great experience.