Stuffed Piglets

frozenbunnysteak

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting my head around stuffed piglets and specifically, when they drop corpse markers.

As I understand it, if a model is killed it drops a corpse marker and if it's sacrificed, it doesn't.

The "Bacon Bomb" action says that if the model's still in play after the action, it's sacrificed, suggesting that it can be killed by the damage it deals, giving a situation where if the bacon bomb deals enough damage to kill the piglet, it leaves a corpse marker, otherwise it's sacrificed and doesn't leave one.  Is that right so far or am I missing something?

The "It Goes Pop" ability allows the piglet to take the "Bacon Bomb" action when it's killed before being removed from play.  At this point it's been killed so should leave the marker, but it takes the action, can't be killed by damage as it's already killed, and as it's still in play at the end of the action, it's sacrificed as well as being killed, so does it leave the marker or not? 

I've got a feeling I'm making this more difficult than it really is, but I'm getting really confused.

Can someone explain this simply for me?

Bacon Bomb doesn't deal damage to the piglet. The "if this model is still in play" means effectively nothing because there's no way for the model ot leave play during Bacon Bomb, and after resolving happens once it's done with the action.

It's unclear but my thoughts (and as far as I can tell, general consensus) is that as written, the model is sacrificed whenever it takes Bacon Bomb, meaning if you choose to take it when killed you are sacrificed instead and don't drop a marker.

What i've seen played/play is 2 situations.

1. You take the bacon bomb action yourself- you are sacrifcied

2. You are killed and then take the bacon bomb action before dying then you are technically already dead and would ignore the sacrifice part.

If you are always sacrificed by the action it gets a bit fishy for things like hunting party/reckoning where piglet would be pretty much unkillable to score off of 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sergrum said:

2. You are killed and then take the bacon bomb action before dying then you are technically already dead and would ignore the sacrifice part.

If you are always sacrificed by the action it gets a bit fishy for things like hunting party/reckoning where piglet would be pretty much unkillable to score off of 

This is the case

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 2:23 PM, Sergrum said:

I do agree but wish to note that there are "fishy" models like that in the game already like Wind Gamin.