Lucas McCabe where to go, need help (I`m noob -99lvl)

KlazyLasy

Hello, guys, could you help me with my case?  

Few days ago I bought box with Relic Hunters. It`s a good set for me, but there is too little SS in box for comfort game. I`ve found some schemes how to hire crew for TT McCabe but i need something different...

I need unversal roster where I can use Maximum models from Relic Hunters set. I need enfrocer and some more minions or other types of characters, I don`t know, please, help me!

What do you think about using one of this guys as my enfrocer: Lone Swordsman, Izamu The Armor and Samurai?

And also I found that shadow effigy and TT Brother works pretty good togheter. Also found that Terracota Warriors could be useful as protectors

May be I`m on wrong way, what do you think about all of this? 

P.S.

(Sorry for my bad English, just learning)

Edited by KlazyLasy

So, first off, you never NEED to take an Enforcer or Henchman; the only thing you MUST take is a model that can be your crew's leader, usually a Master. In this case, that's McCabe. Beyond that, everything is at your discretion. The Lone Swordsman (8ss), Izamu (10ss) and Yasunori (12ss) are all excellent face-beater Enforcers and the main thing that differentiates them is how much you want to pay for that. Yasu beats the most amount of face, but sometimes 12ss is just too much.

Newsun recommended Guild Hounds and I think everybody will agree that they are a natural group of models to join McCabe. They can carry the Glowing Saber, Luna makes sure they can always perform Interacts, and they are just awesome by providing 4 speedy bodies for only 12 stones. Also, you may want to look at Jorogumo and/or the Dawn Serpent. These are incredibly powerful Minions, as compared to other Minions anyway, which makes them awesome targets for the Black Flash ability on Badge of Speed.

Lastly, I will suggest the Shadow Emissary. A very strong and flexible model in general, it benefits McCabe more than most, in my opinion. The free McCabe-specific upgrade it gets adds a lot of flexibility to your entire crew and can make everybody go incredibly fast in between Badge shenanigans and its own Rite of Strength ability.

• Like 2

If going pure TT, I'd naturally go for the Ten Thunders Brothers. They're just incredibly solid. Then the Dawn Serpent - the Jorogumo are also quite good but also much more expensive - to reactivate. The Shadow Emissary is amazing with McCabe, but also very expensive. And maybe you could go with some Katanaka Snipers to top it off.

It would be useful to know, if you're planning to venture further into TT, which other Masters you're gonna want to take. Might make it easier to get models that fit well with specific masters.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tokapondora said:

If going pure TT, I'd naturally go for the Ten Thunders Brothers. They're just incredibly solid. Then the Dawn Serpent - the Jorogumo are also quite good but also much more expensive - to reactivate. The Shadow Emissary is amazing with McCabe, but also very expensive. And maybe you could go with some Katanaka Snipers to top it off.

It would be useful to know, if you're planning to venture further into TT, which other Masters you're gonna want to take. Might make it easier to get models that fit well with specific masters.

Thanks for an answer! Now I`m just plannig start to playing Malifaux by McCabe`s TT crew without any "only guild" models, and may be later I`ll buy some other masters (Misaki looks interesting)

Izamu is really nice with McCabe. He's quite slow, but McCabe can push him around and give him nimble which makes up for it.

I also really like the Dawn Serpent. It's a fairly expensive strong model, but it's only a minion so McCabe can target it with Black Flash (on the Badge of Speed upgrade) to give it Reactivate.

• 2 weeks later...

So it depends on if you need lots of activations or not based on schemes, but I typically run one of these 2 lists for McCabe more often then not (I change a couple models here and there for specific scheme pools)

List 1 Core: Kill em All
This list is designed to hit hard and fast and deal with scheming after the opponent is crippled.

(1) McCabe - ??ss
+Badge of Speed - 2ss
+Glowing Saber - 2ss
+Promises - 1ss
(2) Kamaitachi - 4ss
(3) Yasunori - 12ss
+Smoke Grenades - 1ss
(4) Warden - 6ss
(5) Warden - 6ss
(6) Terracotta Warrior - 5ss

Then last 11ss you can fill with whatever else you think you'll need for schemes.

List 2 Core: Activation Spam
This list is designed for heavy interacting pools and to out activate most opponents.

(1) McCabe - ??ss
+Badge of Speed - 2ss
+Glowing Saber - 2ss
+Promises - 1ss
(2) Luna - 4ss
(3) Warden - 6ss
(4) Terracotta Warrior - 5ss
(5) Guild Hound - 3ss
(6) Guild Hound - 3ss
(7) Guild Hound - 3ss

Then you have 21ss to spend on some mid-ranged or bigger models for the list.

• Like 1

Misaki's crew box would definitely be a good investment.  That plus to the sabre attacks for Torakage can be clutch, and Ototo...  Ototo can tarpit and lay down some hurt like a champ.  I've taken more models down from full wounds to dead with Ototo than any other model in the game, and I can't stress enough how powerful a piece he can be. 

Then there is also Dark Debts, my personal favorite crew box with Jakob Lynch.  Lynch's box has Illuminated, arguably stone for stone one of the best minions in the game, and Lynch himself is a bit more adept at some of the killier strategies than McCabe.

I feel, though, that I do need to make the argument that one of our biggest themes as a faction is that we have agents embedded in influential positions in each other faction.  As such, they are able to "infiltrate" the resources of those factions into our hiring pools.  McCabe's totem is specifically designed to make Guild Hounds some of the most absurdly good scheme runners in the game, and they are especially great for activation control and dominating at Strategies like Stake a Claim and Squatter's Rights.  While not hire-able in any other TT Master's crew, Guild Hounds are completely in theme with McCabe himself, as he has the best control of them out of anyone else in Malifaux due to his bond with Luna, and the faction's tactics as a whole.  As an agent of the Ten Thunders, McCabe will use the most effective resources he can to get the job done, less he displease the Oyuban, and if some of the Guild's resources die in this process, especially their rapidly dwindling supply of hunting dogs, well that's two birds with one stone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

@Khyodee do you prefer to advance the wardens into melee as quickly as possible or just take whatever opportunity to strike presents itself?

If I'm running 2 of them, then usually one is being setup for turn 1-2 alpha strike by throwing it a sword and reactivating it while the other can be used as either a second wave hit or as an independent model dealing with other things. If its just one, then I tend to wait for a specific key target to get into its reactivating range and play it a bit more cautiously

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

@KlazyLasy sorry about talking about Guild themed models on your thread, again.

But McCabe can take them so its all good....

I want to take this opportunity to discourage anybody from buying Misaki's crew box. Torakage are the kind of model you will only hire if they are all you own, and Ototo has his supporters, but most people have agreed that he is not great. I would also argue, if this was the topic at hand, that Misaki is the 6th best TT master. Don't buy the box; you won't use the models; buy Lynch instead, because Illuminated by themselves are gonna be worth it.

3 hours ago, tomjoad said:

I want to take this opportunity to discourage anybody from buying Misaki's crew box. Torakage are the kind of model you will only hire if they are all you own, and Ototo has his supporters, but most people have agreed that he is not great. I would also argue, if this was the topic at hand, that Misaki is the 6th best TT master. Don't buy the box; you won't use the models; buy Lynch instead, because Illuminated by themselves are gonna be worth it.

I agree here, Misaki is fun and can be competitive, her box is full of models I almost never run.

If you want a model to kill things dead, Yasunori is the beater to reach for imo, not Ototo.

I suppose the plus to attack from Torakage is nice, however, most times I'd give sword to a dog in the first place.