Akaname?

FrumFrim

Filth eater reads:  "transfer the full value of the Poison condition from target model withing 6" to this model."    Meaning that it only transfers 1 way.    In your described scenario, you would end up having poison 8 on your akaname.

As for Brewmaster...   I think they are fine units to bring with him.   their 1/3/4 damage track hurts them somewhat, but they are a 4 point model with 5 in all combat stats and can theoretically be swinging at a melee 8.     You're not going to be able to rely on them to get things done, but they're really cheap for what they can do.   Also, they can drop scheme markers while engaged by using their Foul Gift action (requires a 5 and poison 2)  Which is a very nice boon in brewmaster crews.

That being said, I'm not really sure what I would take OUT of a brewmaster crew to include them.   Brewmaster also has other problems, that the Akaname do nothing to address.    Maybe 10-Thunders Brewmaster would want them more?

Next Brew game I'm planning on trying one or two of these guys (they're cheap enough to justify 2) to soak up poison from my models.  Essentially, leave models with range near Brewmaster so they can use his healing flip, then the Akaname soaks it up.  Might be able to get that onto an enemy afterwards, but the main focus is for them to keep poison off of my models while they utilize healing.  Not sure it will play out effectively, but it's worth a shot.

Tried them out a couple of times and my verdict about them is: meh. Their stat line is awesome for their cost, they have coo mechanics, but they rely too much on having poison on themselves, which is not that easy if you spread them around. I used them in 2 ways: as  runners (and they turned out really well, as long as you have poison from the start, then you can deal even without it) and  as "beaters", doing kinda the same work @Four_N_Six theorized (still did well, tho that 1 minimum really hurts), although the idea of having even 1 sitting close to brewie to soak up poison from those who heal its really good and I need to try it myself!

So, as pieces they're good enough, thanks to their low cost and being relatively solid, but they really feel like they were not made for Gremlins because:

1) if you don't have poison going around they loose a lot of their kit (you can kinda compensate that if you bring 2 akaname and they spend their 1 activations shooting each other, but this mean they're gonna need an extra turn to get in position), and aside from brewie you won't have much of it in your crew.

2) they don't "resolve" any of the issues for the master they seem to be made for (the synergy is not that high).

I must say tho, I tried them out with Shen long and they worked out really well, which means they're not terrible models. I would recommend to buy them because the models are awesome, and they're fun to play anyway, tho I'm not sold on their use in our faction. 

Hope to hear some tactics I missed out tho cause I'd love to use them more often :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EpicWaffle said:

if you don't have poison going around they loose a lot of their kit (you can kinda compensate that if you bring 2 akaname and they spend their 1 activations shooting each other, but this mean they're gonna need an extra turn to get in position), and aside from brewie you won't have much of it in your crew.

Well, I don't know how useful it will be, but Taxidermist leaves corpse markers with his melee attacks, and Akanmes push 2 inches and gain +1 poison everytime a model in 6 inches leaves a corpse or scrap marker. So there's some sinergy there.

Also first turn both Wesley and the Brewmaster can put enough poison on the akanames to last the rest of the game, and Brewie can use them for his (0) action "One for the Road".

But I haven't tested them yet so, no idea really.

4 hours ago, Macumazahn said:

Well, I don't know how useful it will be, but Taxidermist leaves corpse markers with his melee attacks, and Akanmes push 2 inches and gain +1 poison everytime a model in 6 inches leaves a corpse or scrap marker. So there's some sinergy there.

Also first turn both Wesley and the Brewmaster can put enough poison on the akanames to last the rest of the game, and Brewie can use them for his (0) action "One for the Road".

But I haven't tested them yet so, no idea really.

The one with taxidermist is cool, still pretty situational (requires some good positioning).  I would say they have more sinergy with the mech porkchop, since it drops a scrap when he walks.

About the second point, fingers can go Rekless and do the same thing while not wasting your master aps