Why take Ophelia?

Macumazahn

So it's like the title says:

Why Take Ophelia Lacroix over other gremlin masters?

Now, I know the answer will probalby be "Because I feel like it" and, to be honest, that's the perfect reason to take any master.

But from a competitive standpoint, why would you take Ophelia over the likes of Somer or Wong? What does she bring to the table?

I persoanlly don't like her, but she does one thing really well for sure: Damages. The only reason i would bring Ophelia, is if i need a solid master, which won't require me to overthink in order to achive my goal. Somer is imo the best master we have, since he litterally do whatever he wants at an awesome level, and Wong is something every opponent don't wanna face (especially when he's bringing his stuffed piglets collection), but, in both cases, they won't reach the threat level Ophelia offers in the damage department. Now, you could argue that both Wong and Somer can deal as much/more damages than Ophelia, and you woud be right, but they need to set up before doing so. An Ophelia player just need to be smart enough to be Ap efficient, while often not using a single card from her hand, thanks to the amount of :+fate she can reach, to deal an insane amount of damages, whithout forgetting that she has the potential to also be a ''support master'', having a lot of reposition tricks for your crew (companion also help a lot with new schemes such as Dig their graves). All of this allows a player to ''relax'' his mind about his master, and focus more on achiving victory. When i play Ophelia (which happens rarely), i tend to pair her with 2 other mean guys (Francois being a staple, with burt almost everytime right behind) and the rest in scheme runners, leaving my opponent dealing with the lacroix while the rest score the points. As a note too, her totems are pretty nuts. 

So, long story short, i would take Ophelia if I don't wanna take too many risks and play something straight foward, possibly in a kill oriented schemes pool. Definetly not what i like tho, cause i rarely have fun playing her :D 

• Like 1

I don't enjoy or like Ophelia but she certainly has some positives and I will eventually get round to using her again.

1)her main attack is on positive flips sh6 and can be used in melee with the potential of 4-8 damage.

2) her main attack can go to double positives to the attack flip if you engage the enemy and use her zero.

3) Her positive flips will cancel out soft cover and some master/crews defence tricks

4)she can use other attacks which ignore cover or los.

5)when engaged she can allow her crew to fire passed her.

So she's a very flexible killing machine with a few minor support tricks as has been said, she's the equivalent of taking Perdita or Justice in my opinion.

Great to learn with, simple to use but the learning curve will be more based on crew selection to suit the schemes as her role will be pretty straight forward.

• Like 2

Its pretty simple for me to choose when I want to use her.  Do I need something dead?  Does my entire game plan revolve around killing a single solitary model?  If yes then I take Ophelia.

Its easy to say take her if you want to do damage, but I honestly find that Wong is better at doing mass amounts of damage and also has more scheme running ability.  She simply excells at being able to down just about any model in the game in a single activation.  I dont generally find her useful outside of that.

For me she is always on deck, but rarely ever finds her way into the rotation with masters like Ulix and Wong.