Mei Feng Campaign crew suggestions

Mxbedlam

So originally thought I was going Rasputina for the campaign but was talked into "Fun" over "Destroy everything" so I'm playing Mei. I started off with Joss, Howard, and The Captain with the Patron upgrade. 

From here I'm looking to populate with minions/cheap enforcers. When I can get Mei (week 3) I'm hoping to add in Sparks and a Porkchop but that won't be till later. 

What minions do you think work well for her in the campaign knowing that her avatar skews towards minions?

Honestly I think her avatar will like minions that put conditions on themselves that you don't mind removing later.  Like Rail Workers.  Their (0) action's condition lasts till end of turn so she can remove it after they have activated with the (0) on her Avatar to give them Fast for the next turn.  I have seen it before turn into quite the engine as you can keep it going turn to turn till they kill the Rail Workers or Mei Feng.  You can also do the same thing with Gunsmiths with their Switch Chamber action which gives them a condition.

• Like 1

You're starting with Joss and Howard and not going the kill everything route? Good luck there.

That said, if you're going for Mei's Avatar, it specializes in minions, so starting with 2 Henchmen and an Enforcer, and working towards another Henchman might not be the best. Also, with only 3 models at the start, you will be ridiculously out activated, and if you end up in a marker/interact heavy scheme pool, you're kinda boned (not to mention interference...)

Assuming you want to stay bigger, I would definitely drop one of them for something schemey ( angelica/Cassandra+PP and a raptor, soulstone miners, union miners, ice dancers, wind gamin, we got lots of options.)

Yeah this next week I was thinking Rail Workers. Game 1 I went up against Vincent and his (0) action really put a hurt on my crew's mitigation. Game 2 was vs Gremlins though and they had a hard time penetrating BulletProof and Armor so I won pretty handily and ended up getting Metal Plating for the Captain. 

As far as Howard being Killy, usually he kills exactly 1 thing before the opponent takes him out. He's probably the most expensive guided missle in the game. I'm hoping I can get a campaign upgrade that gives him something dumb like Leap to make him even more durable. 

You can give Howard Metal Plate. It's equipment, so can be passed around like normal upgrades. Howard with Armor +2 hurts a lot.

Of course, survivability for the Captain is important as well. With so few activations, I think you were smart to take models with extra AP.

Consider saving scrip for an extra body for the new week. The first hire is always 5 cheaper, so if you have four scrip at the start of the new week, you can get a Rail Worker and the Mysterious Effigy. Two Rail Workers are probably good as well.