When I forced get VP?

Trixter

Question

Many Schemes contain words "...If <requisition executed> this crew score/earn X VP". Does it mean player forced to score VP and (most often) reveal corresponding scheme?

For example: I choose Hunting Party and in 2nd turn my Enforcer kill enemy minion. I absolutely sure I'll score 3 VP from this scheme on 3-5th turns and want to confuse my enemy. Can I choose to not score VP at the end of 2nd turn and accordingly not reveal Hunting Party?

9 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, Trixter said:

Many Schemes contain words "...If <requisition executed> this crew score/earn X VP". Does it mean player forced to score VP and (most often) reveal corresponding scheme?

For example: I choose Hunting Party and in 2nd turn my Enforcer kill enemy minion. I absolutely sure I'll score 3 VP from this scheme on 3-5th turns and want to confuse my enemy. Can I choose to not score VP at the end of 2nd turn and accordingly not reveal Hunting Party?

If scoring is optional, it would be specified using words like "can" or "may".

For example, the Plant Explosives scheme in the rulebook specifies "... may reveal this Scheme and earn 1 VP for each enemy model within 3" of at least one of this Crew's Scheme Markers."

That means that you can wait to score Plant Explosives until you want to score.

Most schemes do t give you any choice in the matter, you score when the scheme conditions specify you do. And you don't get to choose not to score unless the scheme or strategy gives you the choice.

• Like 1

Gaining Grounds 2017, Page 8, Documenting Schemes;

If a player fails to show their documented Scheme to their opponent when the Scheme notes it must be revealed, the player may not gain VP from it.

So no, you can't go back and claim the points.  If you failed to reveal the scheme when you should have you don't get the points for it.

That said I must say this all falls into the TO's / players discretion when handling situations where one or both players have messed up their game state and need help getting it back on track.  So TO's may rule differently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harlequeen said:

This is a good thing, too.  Since it isn't optional you can't 'forget' to score it.

Not true. I'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that if you forget to reveal and score at the given points you don't get the points retroactively.

It only works on HP and the line that can produce an excess in VP but neutralize the commander and other more specific schemes can leave you with two or less VP from forgettih to reveal.

59 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Not true. I'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that if you forget to reveal and score at the given points you don't get the points retroactively.

It only works on HP and the line that can produce an excess in VP but neutralize the commander and other more specific schemes can leave you with two or less VP from forgettih to reveal.

I can't find anything explicit, where is it in the rules?

That said, there isn't anything that allows retroactive scoring either. Though the end of game sequence (rulebook p 74) could be interpreted that way, but I think it takes a lot of squinting.

That (also) said, not revealing a scheme when it outright says to reveal it is cheating (since the other player now "know" that you do not have that scheme), whether to just forfeit the VP for that scheme rather than completely disqualify the player is up to the tournament organiser.