Maliphoenix Ulix vs. Yan Lo 50 soulstone

thecapopriest

P1100161_zpsslq1jdb0.jpg

This is a 50 point game played in the MaliPhoenix group at Games U.

Gremlins vs. Resurrectionists

Deployment: Standard

Strategy: Head Hunter

Schemes: Claim Jump, A Quick Murder, Tail 'Em, Dig Their Graves, and Leave Your Mark.

Gremlin List: Ulix with Husbandry, Old Cranky, Old Major, Sammy Lacroix with Ulix's upgrade Huntin' Bow, Slop Hauler, Hog Whisperer, The Sow, and Gremlin Taxidermist. Soulstone Cache of 4.

This list I really wanted to play the Ulix summoning list but with as many support models as I could fit. Normally most of my points would have been spent on the large pigs, Old Major, The Sow, and Gracie, to summon Piglets off of. I dropped Gracie so I could more easily put in the Hog Whisperer and the Taxidermist.

This would also be my first time playing with Sammy with Ulix. Hunting Bow seemed like a solid choice to give her a good action of Shot in the Rear. 

Resurrectionists List: Yan Lo with Fortify The Spirit and Wronged Spirits, Soul Porter, Bete Noir, 3 Flesh Constructs, 2 Onryo, and Toshiro The Daimyo with Command The Graves. Soulstone Cache of 4.

Gremlins win Deployment Flip and choose to make Resurrectionists deploy first and choose sides.

Just to note this is a four foot by four foot board, so six inches all around the board is out of play.

The piece of terrain that looks like big emeralds we played as if your model was completely on the base you get a positive twist to Cast action duels.

P1100162_zps7vs1tzoe.jpg

Resurrectionists Deployment left to right: 3 Flesh Constructs in front of Toshiro the Daimyo, 2 Onryo, Yan Lo, Soul Porter, and Bete Noire.

P1100163_zps2oqvqrma.jpg

Resurrectionists Deployment left to right: 3 Flesh Constructs in front of Toshiro the Daimyo, 2 Onryo, Yan Lo, Soul Porter, and Bete Noire.

P1100164_zpsuvxgxkqh.jpg

Gremlin Deployment left to right: Hog Whisperer, Slop Hauler, Old Major, Old Cranky, Ulix, Sammy Lacroix, The Sow, and Gremlin Taxidermist.

P1100166_zpsbthf5nlh.jpg

Resurrectionists won initiative and had Gremlins go first.

Gremlin Taxidermist went Reckless. He dropped a scheme marker and then walked forward and dropped another scheme.

P1100167_zpsksxkhoa3.jpg

Flesh Construct double walks.

P1100168_zps94q8tbel.jpg

Old Cranky did his 0 action "Let Me Tell You a Tale, Sonny..." to discard a card to draw a card, which activated Sammy Lacroix's ability Winds of Fate, which allows her to discard a card to draw a card if another model has drawn a card within 6" aura of her. He then walked forward only 2.5" due to severe terrain and dropped a scheme marker.

P1100169_zpscmqhns8t.jpg

P1100170_zpsvgsgb1ai.jpg

Ulix summoned a War Pig, using the 3 scheme markers within 4" of him, and soulstoned the damage down by 3, only taking 1 point of damage. He then summoned a Piglet off of Old Major and The Sow and did his 0 action Proper Care to heal all the pigs by 2, but taking 2 damage on Ulix. Ulix has 3 damage and 7 health left, the War Pig has 2 damage and 10 health left.

P1100171_zps9jw0s9om.jpg

P1100172_zps98wmuzkx.jpg

Slow Piglet walked.

P1100173_zpsyujkiwk5.jpg

Toshiro The Daimyo double walked.

P1100174_zpsqk5xmwwa.jpg

Slop Hauler went Reckless and walked into the severe terrain. He then healed himself and the War Pig to full, and healed 2 points on Ulix leaving him with 1 damage left.

P1100175_zpsyqzhs8dz.jpg

Bete Noire double walked.

P1100176_zpsiwymkzvq.jpg

Old Major walked forward and used his 0 action, The Old Pig Knows the Way, to push the Hog Whisperer, Slop Hauler, Old Cranky, and Ulix their walk towards him. He then did Nudge 'em On on the War Pig, discarding a Ram to give the War Pig Rams to all of its duels and push it 4" in any direction.

P1100177_zps5sjmokge.jpg

The Soul Porter walked and then did Empower Ancestor to push Yan Lo his walk in any direction.

P1100178_zps6bdisduo.jpg

Hog Whisperer walked and then attempted to do "Stick'm!" on the War Pig to give it Reactivate, but failed to get the suit needed.

P1100179_zpsaxacul4i.jpg

Onryo double walked.

P1100180_zpsqtc9dbrs.jpg

Sammy Lacroix double walked.

P1100181_zps8bgyv952.jpg

Onryo double walked.

P1100182_zps2un5yups.jpg

The Sow double walked.

P1100183_zps86vnqkly.jpg

Yan Lo discarded a card to gain Chi +1 then double walked into the terrain that gives a positive twist to Cast actions. He then shot at Sammy Lacroix doing weak damage of 2.

Slow Piglet walked.

P1100184_zpszgg7sj3n.jpg

Slow War Pig walked.

End of turn 1 no points scored.

P1100185_zps8nopcbbn.jpg

Resurrectionists win initiative and go first.

Yan Lo discarded a card to gain another Chi and shot at Sammy Lacroix 3 times, first one missing due to Black Joker, second hitting and doing weak damage which was reduced to 1 damage from a soulstone, and the last doing weak damage of 2, leaving Sammy Lacroix with 1 health left.

P1100186_zpsp1ejurtu.jpg

The War Pig charged the center Flesh Construct but missed all 3 attacks.

P1100187_zpsomlcklst.jpg

Onryo shot at Sammy Lacroix twice, first time missing, second time hitting, but the damage was soulstoned away.

Sammy Lacroix walked.

P1100188_zpsuh2ky4ix.jpg

Onryo walked forward and shot and killed Sammy Lacroix, dropping a head marker which is orange, and a corpse marker which is green.

P1100190_zpscbjbnbjb.jpg

Old Cranky walked forward and shot the Onryo hitting and getting moderate damage of 3, doing 2 points to the Onryo due to incorporeal. He then did his 0 action to discard a card and draw a card.

Flesh Construct attacked the War Pig twice getting weak damage of 2 on both attacks.

Ulix summoned 1 Piglet.

Toshiro The Daimyo failed to give Fast with his 0 action War Fan. He then charged the War Pig missing the first attack but hitting the second for weak damage of 2 and the trigger Next Target, to push 4" in any direction.

Summoned slow Piglet charged the Onryo, hitting with the first attack doing weak damage of 1 and getting the Stampede trigger to charge into Yan Lo. One attack hit getting the eat anything trigger to heal up and doing 1 point of damage to Yan Lo.

P1100191_zpsym57vzse.jpg

Flesh Construct attacked and killed the War Pig with severe damage due to the trigger Rend. He then walked forward.

P1100192_zps8wsxvrcv.jpg

Piglet walked forward and charged the Flesh Construct on the left. Hit it for 1 damage from weak and got the Stampede trigger. The Piglet charged the Flesh Construct he was not engaged with hitting once for weak damage and getting the tome trigger to end the Piglet's activation and give the Flesh Construct Slow.

P1100193_zpsq2e96taz.jpg

Flesh Construct walked forward and picked up the head marker.

Gremlin Taxidermist summoned a Stuffed Piglet with his 0 action off of the corpse marker Sammy Lacroix left behind, using my last card in my hand giving Reactivate to the Flesh Constructs. He then did his 1 action to give flight to the Sow and the Piglet.
Tag PhotoAdd LocationEdit

P1100194_zpsqhzevx1f.jpg

Bete Noire charged the Piglet and hit with both attacks, killing the Piglet.

Hog Whisperer walked and attempted to give Reactivate to the Sow but failed.

P1100195_zps4vwntfiw.jpg

Slow Stuffed Piglet walked.

P1100196_zpsldvckrgs.jpg

Flesh Construct attacked the Piglet twice, hitting once for weak damage of 2.

P1100197_zpsfkqf75h1.jpg

Soul Porter walked forward and pushed Yan Lo his walk.

P1100198_zps2e3gnsog.jpg

Piglet with flight charged Yan Lo and missed both attack. The last attack hit due to Red Joker but Yan Lo reduced the weak damage to 0.

P1100199_zpskywojhlc.jpg

Slow Flesh Construct in the middle Reactivated and attacked the Piglet, killing it.

The Sow charged Yan Lo, first attack missed, but second attack hit doing moderate damage of 5, which he soulstoned down to 2.

P1100200_zpsx4h1c5ij.jpg

Flesh Construct Reactivated and double walked.

Old Major walked and attacked the Flesh Construct getting severe damage of 5.

P1100201_zps44fbiwes.jpg

Slop Hauler went Reckless and double walked forward, then picked up a head marker.

End of turn 2, we both score 1 off of Head Hunter.

P1100202_zpsc4exukvg.jpg

Top of turn 3. 

Resurrectionists win initiative and go first.

Yan Lo attacked the Piglet twice and killed it. He then attacked The Sow but missed due to the Black Joker.

Gremlin Taxidermist went Reckless and charged Yan Lo. After damage reduction due to Incorporeal and 2 soulstones, the Taxidermist did 2 points of damage. He then summoned a Stuffed Piglet with his 0.

P1100203_zpsx4c1qf6a.jpg

Ulix Prodded Old Major 3 times, hitting twice for weak and moderate, leaving the Flesh Construct with 1 health left.

Flesh Construct attacked Old Major twice hitting once for 2 points of damage.

P1100204_zpsqdchnvrk.jpg

Hog Whisperer went Reckless. Walked and then charged Yan Lo, hitting once for weak damage of 1.

Soul Porter charged the Stuffed Piglet hitting once for weak damage of 1.

P1100205_zpsmwnebhm1.jpg

Onryo charged the Stuffed Piglet and killed it, making it blow up with a Ram doing 3 damage to everyone in a 2" pulse, killing the other Onryo.

Old Cranky shot at the Flesh Construct twice, first shot got the Red Joker on damage, doing 6 damage and blasting 3 damage on the other Flesh Construct. The second shot got the crow trigger to do an additional damage flip, both getting weak of 2.

P1100207_zps4foeufpc.jpg

Fast Bete Noire attacked and killed the Hog Whisperer. She then picked up a head marker and walked away.

Slop Hauler went Reckless, walked, picked up a head marker, and then revealed Tail 'Em and gave Yan Lo the Spotted condition.

P1100208_zpsqnmenzzx.jpg

Toshiro The Daimyo walked forward and gave the Fesh Construct on the right fast. He then attempted to summon in an Ashigaru but failed.

Old Major attacked the Flesh Construct twice and killed it.

P1100210_zpstxvlb2bi.jpg

Fast Flesh Construct charged Old Major and hit with all 3 attacks dropping him to 2 health left, but he used his last card to hit so Old Major gained Reactivate.

Old Major Reactivated and walked forward and attacked the Flesh Construct killing him.

Flesh Construct charged Old Major and got the Black Joker on damage for the first attack, but Red Joker on damage on the second attack killing him off.

The Sow attacked Yan Lo twice missing both times.

End of turn 3.

Gremlins score 1 off of Tail 'Em and 1 off of Head Hunter. Resurrectionists score 1 off of Head Hunter.

Gremlins 3 vs. Resurrectionists 2.

P1100211_zpszm7xccsr.jpg

Top of turn 4.

Resurrectionists win initiative.

Yan Lo used his 0 action to attach the Bone Ascendant upgrade. He then did his 2 action Hunpo Assault, allowing him to place within 8" and attack all enemy models with one claw attack. He hit Old Cranky but drew the Black Joker on damage. He hit Ulix and did 3 damage. His last action he went Defensive +1.

P1100212_zpsepxtmxoc.jpg

The Sow charged Yan Lo, hitting once and doing 2 points of damage.

P1100213_zpsarfwrt0p.jpg

Onryo charged Old Cranky and killed him on the first attack.

P1100214_zps2skgq3u9.jpg

Stuffed Piglet walked forward and blew up hitting Bete Noire and the Soul Porter for 2 damage due to tomes.

Soul Porter charged the Slop Hauler and killed him.

P1100215_zps0srhpxfo.jpg

Gremlin Taxidermist went Reckless, walked, attacked the Soul Porter and killed him, and attacked Bete Noire but missed. He then summoned in a Stuffed Piglet.

P1100216_zpsprfrqmxw.jpg

Toshiro The Daimyo gave the Flesh Construct fast. He then walked forward and dropped a scheme marker.

P1100217_zpsjxf2uyra.jpg

Ulix Prodded the Sow 3 times, but each attack missed Yan Lo.

Fast Flesh Construct charged the Taxidermist, but only hit once for weak damage of 2, reduced to 1 due to Armor +1.

P1100218_zpsneyevbin.jpg

Slow Stuffed Piglet walked.

Bete Noire attacked the Stuffed Piglet twice killing it on the second attack. It got masks for the explosion doing 1 point to everyone but Ulix and Toshiro the Daimyo.

End of turn 4.

No points scored and Gremlin Taxidermist dies from Poison.

P1100219_zps8imwyrcj.jpg

Top of turn 5.

Gremlins win initiative.

Ulix prodded the Sow twice, getting Red Joker on damage against Yan Lo and killing him. He then attacked the Onryo and killed it with 1 damage.

P1100220_zpsax0vavm6.jpg

Toshiro The Daimyo gave fast to the Flesh Construct and then walked forward and picked up a head hunter marker.

The Sow put Spotted on Toshiro The Daimyo and then walked.

P1100221_zpsng7qx3et.jpg

The Flesh Construct walked and then attacked The Sow twice, hitting once for 3 damage.

P1100222_zpscoxbx1cr.jpg

Bete Noire dropped a scheme marker and then walked.

End of turn 5 and the end of the game.

Gremlins score 1 more point for Tail 'Em, making the score 4 points, 2 from Head Hunter and 2 from Tail 'Em. Scored no points from A quick Murder on Toshiro The Daimyo.

Resurrectionists score 1 from Claim Jump, making their score 4, 3 from Head Hunter and 1 from Claim Jump. They scored no points on Leave Your Mark.

Over all I am very pleased with this Ulix list. I gave it another try after this game and it worked out much better remembering all the different positive twists I hand out.

For now though I will be shelving my Gremlins as I have decided to start playing Resurrectionists. I will start to do battle reports with them once I have a decent amount painted up and ready to play.

Like always I hope you enjoyed the battle report and look forward to any thoughts, criticisms or advice you may have.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Lots of pretty pictures. I like!

As for feedback, I prefer to know what schemes were chosen at the same times as you write crew lists. Makes things easier to follow in the actual turn to turn report.

Thanks for the feed back. I have been going back and forth on showing what the schemes are from the beginning or waiting to reveal them in the way that they where revealed during the game. I think from here on out I will just list the schemes at the beginning for clarity.