War game vault cards

Have to agree with Mort here. One mistake is no big deal, but this is getting ridiculous. While WGV staff is friendly enough, having to scan pictures in and message them every time is tedious. Furthermore, I am on my second round of cards this time, as many of you are. I received the wrong non-errata cards first and then the same set of non-errata today. Do they even look at the product before they ship it out? I am a patient man. I have already contacted them again, doing the whole tedious sha-bang. But I think it is time to consider another company if such an option exists.

Here's the deal: this is NOT the first time they have messed up an order for me. I ordered the Gremlin's Arsenal deck from WGV last year. They sent me the Guild Arsenal deck--not once, not twice, THREE TIMES! The fourth time I actually received the proper cards, but that took months. I ordered in January. By the time I received the correct cards, it was May. I was trying to start playing Gremlins and needed a proxy card and a couple upgrades, so no big deal. I just waited patiently and didn't play Gremlins that spring. Nevertheless, their negligence is simply unacceptable. Oh, and the kicker: I already owned the Guild Arsenal deck before all this started. :P Just my luck. Furthermore, I was not offered any discount or money back from this affair. I was forced to wait and suck it up. No discount offered on future orders. Nada. Just deal with it. Personally, as a former retail manager, I would never get away with that nor do that in my personal business. I would certainly be offering something to my paying customers for their patience in dealing with my mistakes.

Now, today, 2017, I need errata cards to actually play with my Ressers, and I am sitting on my hands here. I am lucky that WGV actual sent me the 2017 Gaining Grounds decks I ordered, as I ordered over $100 to get them for my fellow Malifaux players at our local shop. But this kind of business practice is unacceptable. If there was any other option, I would definitely be welcome to try it.

At this point, I am seriously considering upgrading my printer and getting the equipment to print off these cards on high quality stock myself. But that is not an option for every Malifaux player. This will and has upset players, and while I am here to stay--love the game--others may get so frustrated they may look elsewhere for their gaming needs. I see no reason why Wyrd should continue to give WGV business if another vendor exists. So my question is just that: is there another vendor option that can be considered?

Thanks! And know I love Wyrd and Malifaux more than anything else. This is my game, and I'll be playing it as long as I can find an opponent forever and ever, AMEN! :P 

• Like 3

If its the same issue that Aaron mentioned before.  They have the correct files, then they get over written with the older files.   So even if they do check to see if the right cards printed to from the file images, they would be looking at the files that were sent to the printer.  If the wrong one was sent to the printer and they check the output to the file, then the print would check fine.

What WGV needs to do, is Immediately halt all these cards from printing,  Immediately halt all shipment of the printed cards.    When they get the correct file AGAIN..  They need to print a master image and manually verify the reprinting of each order in the 3rd printing.

• Like 2

I'll make a post about the subject tomorrow, but a quick note on it for today is that this time we received a printed copy of the cards and verified each one individually at Wyrd three times before they were unlocked for new printing. WGV is doing research into how the correct files were printed for us, but not for others. I'm sure they'll have a solution for everyone soon and get it taken care of for everyone.

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, Steve Wieck said:

Steve from Wargame Vault here.

Our abject apologies that some folks have been getting the wrong cards yet again. This is entirely our fault not Wyrd's.

At this moment, we are not yet sure how it happened, especially why some folks are getting correct cards in their reshipment while others are not. We have a few theories that we are validating to see if they are the root cause or not.

Once we have the root cause identified, we will process correct card shipments out to everyone affected and also issue account credit for the delay and hassle we've caused you.

We will be in touch by email and I'll post updates here to the forum.

Many replacement shipments are still in transit, so folks will continue to receive theirs in the weeks ahead.

Steve Wieck

CEO

Wargame Vault

OneBookShelf

Thank you Steve. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

I'll make a post about the subject tomorrow, but a quick note on it for today is that this time we received a printed copy of the cards and verified each one individually at Wyrd three times before they were unlocked for new printing. WGV is doing research into how the correct files were printed for us, but not for others. I'm sure they'll have a solution for everyone soon and get it taken care of for everyone.

Thanks Aaron.

7 hours ago, Steve Wieck said:

Steve from Wargame Vault here.

Our abject apologies that some folks have been getting the wrong cards yet again. This is entirely our fault not Wyrd's.

At this moment, we are not yet sure how it happened, especially why some folks are getting correct cards in their reshipment while others are not. We have a few theories that we are validating to see if they are the root cause or not.

Once we have the root cause identified, we will process correct card shipments out to everyone affected and also issue account credit for the delay and hassle we've caused you.

We will be in touch by email and I'll post updates here to the forum.

Many replacement shipments are still in transit, so folks will continue to receive theirs in the weeks ahead.

Steve Wieck

CEO

Wargame Vault

OneBookShelf

Thank you for keeping us upadated.  Despite the repeated issues getting the wrong cards, the communication really does make me feel at least a little better about the whole thing.

• Like 1

Oh boy, now I'm more curious about the 100+ cards order I placed and has already been shipped! If they turn out fine, great, if not I'll let WGV know and maybe build a 5 story high card castle. 

In any case, I really appreciate @Steve Wieck showing up here and taking the blame and the steps to have it fixed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Solicitor 6 said:

As to my Wargame Vault experience with the 2017 errata, I lucked out and actually got the correct cards the first time around.  Then last week, I received an e-mail that they are sending me another set of cards.  Have a tracking number and everything. 

Anyone want to take bets on whether I get correct or incorrect cards in the second set?

So, I received my second set of cards last night, and they were correct.  Again.

I will respond to @Steve Wieck's message request to help them route out the problem as it is strange that I got the right cards, made no complaints, but got a second set.

Anyone here want a full set of errata cards, minus the 3 Death Marshall's?  I'm keeping those to sell some unassembled models on ebay, with the updated cards. 

PM me.

I've just seen the email it looks like the wrong cards have been sent again, so we have to wait a week before the cards are sent out again. Then wait for 3 weeks to be delivered to the UK. 

I know it's not wyrds fault but I'm really not happy with this, 

43 minutes ago, Parker Barrows said:

I received my second misprinted cards yesterday. I'm confused now.

Should I leave well enough alone and wait for them to send me the cards? Or should I contact them and let them know that my replacements were wrong?

They just replied to my message that I sent them with the email they just sent out in mass:

"Dear Customers, 
Steve and Jeff from Wargame Vault here. We're writing to you because we messed up your order, again.

You recently ordered some 2017 errata cards for Malifaux, and we likely messed up your first order, so we recently shipped you replacement cards. Unfortunately, those replacement cards are also incorrect. Some customers have already received their replacement order, and for others the order is still in transit to you.

Our abject apologies that we got this wrong twice. This is entirely our fault not Wyrd's.

We won't bore you with the details of file processing and revisions that led to this. Suffice to say that we misdiagnosed why this happened the first time and that led to the problem persisting and happening a second time.

We will be correcting things and will process a third shipment to you that will have your correct cards. We have also placed a $10 credit in your Wargame Vault customer account to cover your next order of some Malifaux singles (or towards anything else on Wargame Vault or any of our marketplaces).

It will be about a week for us to correct issues here and then we will be putting your re-replacement order into production. You will get emails from us and our servers as your order goes into production and ships out to you.

There is no need for you to contact us, but if you would like to then feel free to email either or both of us.

Again our apologies and appreciation for your patience."

Thank you for your business and please contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Jodie Thomas 
Customer Service

So it seems no one should need to contact them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tomjoad said:

I gotta say, it's stunning that the result of the errata has mostly been people having a hard time having the correct, up to date, information available to them. Total shocker.

I don't think this has had any impact at all on people having information available to them.  It has caused people to need to carry a printout, rather than a card, so it's created inconvenience.

Also, I think it's somewhat disingenuous to suggest that there haven't been a ton of threads about the actual impacts, but I understand you're trying to make a point.  However, I think that point would be better served with a legitimate discussion of why you feel that the errata method isn't the best way to tone down models, rather than a salty comment.  Also, realistically, given that there's little chance of adjusting the decision at this point, it would be more for future changes.

• Like 6