Painters Challenge -- February 2017

prof_bycid

Hello challenge painters,

This is the thread for February 2017---you've made it to month 12!  I know this is coming in a little bit early, but Tuesday is the day I run Malifaux at my FLGS, so I am posting now.  This is the last month in this incarnation of the challenge.  I will be passing your monthly SS completed to Viauri, the keeper of the challenge. 

Things to post here:

1. Your completed January pledge with photographs and the total soul stone cost painted.
  2. Your plans for painting in February for the challenge. 
  3. Work in progress photos for comment and inspiration, or just let us know how it is going.

Things to post next Month:

1. Your completed February pledge and SS cost.

Okay, big push to the finish!

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe this is the last month of the challenge. I haven't actually completed a year long painting challenge like this before. One month to go!

This month I painted for a commission 3 death marshalls and 2 executioners.

For myself I painted the judge and a guild hound.

The total is around 48 soulstones.

large_DM.jpglarge.589040de7ca0c_2front.jpglarge.5890410c4faae_judgefront.jpglarge_dog.jpg

For February I will finish Lady J and the scales. I'd also like to finish McCabe and the dog pack.and the brutal effigy.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's pledges.

• Like 8

In January I painted a bunch of commissions and the stuff I got for Chrimbo

MuH43EU.jpgZZ40BAb.jpg

PXbEhUH.jpgPhX20oP.jpg

3JDYwmQ.jpgndGWsu7.pngssGZpdr.png

Herald of Obliteration - Tara (15), Karina (5), The Nothing Beast (10), 3 Void Wretches (4, 4, 4)

Bishop (10), Scion of the Void (8), Tuco (7), 3 Crooked Men (5, 5, 5), 3 Winged Plagues (4, 4, 4) and Aionus (13)

For a total of 107 SS!

In February I've got a commission for the Arcane Emissary to do, and I've picked up Viktoria's box. I'm very close to completing the Outcasts!

• Like 5

Hello,

I painted a Blessed of December (9ss) and three steam arachnids (3 x 4 = 12ss), for a total of 21ss:

20170124_015411_HDR_zpsfdk5fuhy.jpg

20170116_000941_zpsimgvxuyj.jpg

For February, I'm planning to paint three Malifaux raptors. I'll probably do some dogs after that.

On 31/1/2017 at 0:54 AM, prof_bycid said:

Things to post next Month:

1. Your completed February pledge and SS cost.

Okay, big push to the finish!

Last month! This was a great year. I enjoyed a lot the challenge. I learned from you guys and you motivated me a lot, which much to say given how slow a painter I am!

• Like 6

If you are going to run it again then I might throw my hat in the ring...have really enjoyed seeing everyone's work and feel I should join in...that and the fact that being a fantastically slow painter it might actually help boost my productivity levels...which would give me an excellent excuse to buy more models 

• Like 2

My January models for the challenge.  I need to go back and add pupils to Kudra's eyes, and soften transitions on Kudra's clothes and Banasuva's body, but I am going to have to call these done for now.  This month did see me tentatively trying out airburshing on the models for the first time.  I am happy with the glow effects under Banasuva's fire and Sandeep's spell.  Need to practice a lot on some larger terrain pieces before I go in and apply to actual models.  I really enjoyed this quick foray into using this tool, though.  The bases, except Kudra's, are from MicroArts studios.  Kudra's is green stuff pressed into a Basius tile.

large.Jan2017_Sandeep_crew_done.jpglarge.Jan2017_Sandeep_Desai.jpglarge.Jan2017_Kudra.jpglarge.Jan2017_Banasuva.jpg 

The Sandeep box is:  45 SS

For February I am going to paint 3 Jorogumo.

• Like 2

List of missing entries:  challenge painters, here is a list of participants -- months for which I don't have anything noted for Nov -- Dec.  I expect January pledges are going to keep trickling in.  If I have overlooked something then my apologies.  I do want to be sure I pass the correct numbers to Vaiuri next month.

Nov. 2016:  RikLok

Dec. 2016:  Daju, Rathnard

Cheers, prof_bycid

Edited by prof_bycid
updated
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

List of missing entries:  challenge painters, here is a list of participants -- months for which I don't have anything noted for Nov -- Dec.  I expect January pledges are going to keep trickling in.  If I have overlooked something then my apologies.  I do want to be sure I pass the correct numbers to Vaiuri next month.

Nov. 2016:  EggSak, RikLok, Bengt

Dec. 2016:  Daju, Rathnard, EggSak, Bengt

Cheers, prof_bycid

I didn't paint any models in Nov and Dec.

Vaiuri won't be able to take on managing the next challenge, but let's thank her for running most of this one.  Thanks Vaiuri!  Does anyone want to take this on for the next round?  I don't mind doing it, but since I have done part of one already, I don't want to prevent someone else who is interested.  Either way, I will contact the few people who stuck their heads in recently and expressed interest.

• Like 3

Thanks @Vaiuri! @prof_bycid you're the official new boss! Unless you don't want to, I propose you keep your title.

If you're not interested, I can do it as well. I can also help you with the task, if you need.

Anyway, I'd be happy to enroll for a new year. Shouldn't we open a new thread for people to "register"?

• Like 2

Thanks for the support, Franchute!  I don't mind doing it.  I will start a new 'enroll here thread' this weekend.  I will also think of a way to have a tracking sheet that everyone can view.  Maybe I just need to dig back and see what Vaiuri was using.

Okay,  Feb is 1\3 over---time to base some models!

1 hour ago, prof_bycid said:

Thanks for the support, Franchute!  I don't mind doing it.  I will start a new 'enroll here thread' this weekend.  I will also think of a way to have a tracking sheet that everyone can view.  Maybe I just need to dig back and see what Vaiuri was using.

A spreadsheet, it was linked in this post.

If you want everyone to be able to see an updated list continuously Google docs is probably easiest.