Mei Feng --> Sparks and Lazarus combo

Treehouse

Hi,

re-read Lazarus' card again and just to be on the safe side:

Lazarus can assimilate any 1 AP action (attack and tactical) from any construct (so, also leader), just without triggers and a name mentioned.

Sparks can make a leader to a construct.

Hence, Sparks could make Mei a construct and Lazarus could then copy Vent Steam or Rail Walk, correct?

So, with Sparks, any Arcanist model that you hire into a Mei Feng crew could be targeted by Lazarus's assimilate action, if Sparks makes it a construct first. That, of course, is AP-intensive, so it has to be worth it.

My first thoughts go to the Captain. Lazarus could lay down Wind Markers or use Airburst, or even that pulse push action which name I've forgotten.

The Captain's relic hammer is also a juicy target in a pinch.

So - in theory - Lazarus could gain fast by Sparks Wind 'em up which translates into 4 mortar shots all together, plus take an Airburst action or even Vent Steam or Railwork to hide/protect  itself afterwards.

Cool combo, I hadn't considered Lazarus with Mei/Sparks.  Don't forget that Sparks and the Mobile Toolkit can make any non-Construct model get Armor +1, Fast, and one of the Toolkit's bonuses as well!  Giving Envy or Lazarus :+fate to damage and Fast is some scary stuff, at the cost of a Scrap Marker, two 6's (one a :tome), and a discarded card.

It's probably old news to most...but I just realized that Ramos is a construct :P. Totally forgot about that.

So...Lazarus can assimilate Ramos' Spider summoning, right?

Also, could Lazarus assimilate the Brass Arachnid's reactivate action to give the Brass Arachnid reactivate? And then get reactivate himself by the Brass Arachnid, assimilating the same action again to give the Brass Arachnid another reactivate? (Given, the high tomes are at hand, which is unlikely, plus Ramos wants hight Tomes. Just theoretically.)

2 minutes ago, Treehouse said:

So...Lazarus can assimilate Ramos' Spider summoning, right?

Also, could Lazarus assimilate the Brass Arachnid's reactivate action to give the Brass Arachnid reactivate? And then get reactivate himself by the Brass Arachnid, assimilating the same action again to give the Brass Arachnid another reactivate? (Given, the high tomes are at hand, which is unlikely, plus Ramos wants hight Tomes. Just theoretically.)

No for Ramos' summoning (since it declares a model by name), yes for the Brass Arachnid's Reactivate.  If you're doing that, it would be best to have the Arachnid go first and give itself :tome's and give something Reactivate, then Lazarus give it Reactivate, then Arachnid Reactivates and makes two more models Reactivate.  That's a lot of extra actions!

21 hours ago, Treehouse said:

Hi,

re-read Lazarus' card again and just to be on the safe side:

Lazarus can assimilate any 1 AP action (attack and tactical) from any construct (so, also leader), just without triggers and a name mentioned.

Sparks can make a leader to a construct.

Hence, Sparks could make Mei a construct and Lazarus could then copy Vent Steam or Rail Walk, correct?

So, with Sparks, any Arcanist model that you hire into a Mei Feng crew could be targeted by Lazarus's assimilate action, if Sparks makes it a construct first. That, of course, is AP-intensive, so it has to be worth it.

My first thoughts go to the Captain. Lazarus could lay down Wind Markers or use Airburst, or even that pulse push action which name I've forgotten.

The Captain's relic hammer is also a juicy target in a pinch.

So - in theory - Lazarus could gain fast by Sparks Wind 'em up which translates into 4 mortar shots all together, plus take an Airburst action or even Vent Steam or Railwork to hide/protect  itself afterwards.

Problem with this is, over half your points are taken up by Captain and Lazarus. by the time you add Sparks and Mei's upgrades you are left with very few options for other activations.  Personally I think Lazarus being able to copy Vent Steam is pretty solid. Also Laz copying Railwalk is hilarious.  I would go with something like:

Mei (Vapormancy, Seismic, Reservoir)

Emberling

Sparks

Lazarus

Mech Pork

as a core and that leaves you 18SS to fill for schemes and strats. 

You get a much more mobile laz with plus flips to damage and a board full of vent steam vs Ca and Sh.