Lucious as Neverborn Master

Crutch

On 2/4/2017 at 8:50 AM, 4thstringer said:

Pride is a model available to both that causes discards.  Both doppelganger and changeling can copy that attack too.

On guild side papa loco loves seeing an empty hand when he starts blowing up.   

Also on the Guild side, Samael Hopkins has Flaming Bullets, which can be copied by the doppleganger, and now can be triggered by Commanding Presence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corn said:

Also on the Guild side, Samael Hopkins has Flaming Bullets, which can be copied by the doppleganger, and now can be triggered by Commanding Presence.

I started thinking about this again just yesterday. No idea what else to bring into that list to capitalize on those :-fate and make Sam workable. Ranged models? Witchlings? Something more durable? 

26 minutes ago, trikk said:

Sonnia Criid :D

The idea is to beam a doppleganger up and spam it thrice to completely drain an opponents hand or create several models at negatives. I've tried it with Sam, his wk 4 and nonexisting survivability makes for a bad time :(

6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

How about papa exploding?

That sounds like a very good use. Just need to get the models that far up.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

The idea is to beam a doppleganger up and spam it thrice to completely drain an opponents hand or create several models at negatives. I've tried it with Sam, his wk 4 and nonexisting survivability makes for a bad time :(

While not as potent as Sam's pulse, you can get a similar effect in both Neverborn and Guild by using a Performer mercenary.  Lucius is pretty good at putting scheme markers in the enemy's face, which can then take advantage of Seduction targeting those scheme markers.  Any models good at spamming scheme markers up close in either Neverborn or Guild combo great with the Performer (like Phiona with Transparency for instance). 

• Like 2

I'm considering weird bury tricks with the brutal emissary and changelings now. It ends up very expensive but possibly volatile. Emissary, Sam, Loco, and two changelings is 34 ss without upgrades. Loco might not even need to blow up (at least not immediately ;) ) in this configuration, his attacks are quite decent againt negative defense flips.