Lucious as Neverborn Master

Crutch

15 minutes ago, Crutch said:

One more question: Can Lucious MIX Guild and Neverborn models in his crew or does he have to serve as the Master of an ALL Guild or an ALL Neverborn crew?

Important points:

• There exist models that are both Guild and Neverborn
  • The Surprisingly Loyal upgrade allows Lucius to bring up to four Guardsman or Mimic models that are not the crew's declared faction.
  • Up to two Mercenary models can be hired

Otherwise, all of the models have to have the crew's declared Faction.  A dual faction master doesn't mean you get to include everything from both factions without restrictions.

So it's going to be common to see a Guild crew led by Lucius with some Neverborn models in it; and it's going to be common to see a Neverborn crew led by Lucius with some Guild models in it.  And it's not going to be surprising if a few Terracotta Warriors are present (Ten Thunders Mimic models).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solkan said:

Important points:

• There exist models that are both Guild and Neverborn
  • The Surprisingly Loyal upgrade allows Lucius to bring up to four Guardsman or Mimic models that are not the crew's declared faction.
  • Up to two Mercenary models can be hired

Otherwise, all of the models have to have the crew's declared Faction.  A dual faction master doesn't mean you get to include everything from both factions without restrictions.

So it's going to be common to see a Guild crew led by Lucius with some Neverborn models in it; and it's going to be common to see a Neverborn crew led by Lucius with some Guild models in it.  And it's not going to be surprising if a few Terracotta Warriors are present (Ten Thunders Mimic models).

So...is it rules legal to choose Lucious as the Faction Leader of a Neverborn Crew and just use ALL Neverborn figures in this Neverborn Faction Crew with Lucious as the Master?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Crutch said:

So...is it rules legal to choose Lucious as the Faction Leader of a Neverborn Crew and just use ALL Neverborn figures in this Neverborn Faction Crew with Lucious as the Master?

That's the simple case--declare Faction X and then just take a leader and the rest of your models from Faction X.

Lucius can lead a Neverborn crew because he has the Crew's declared faction marked on his card.  The fact that he has another faction also marked on there doesn't matter for that.

I just posted the other stuff because the cases where can take multiple factions in the crew is where it gets complicated.

14 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

There aren't many mimic models from nb is bring into guild.   Doppel and changeling are my 2 most common.   Tannen graves and beckoners all make very specialized lists.  I didn't even bother trying to get candy, I don't feel like she fits very well into guild.   

I think Graves is more with Doppel than with tannen and beckoners. He`s quite resilent for his cost. The 6" push is very good, especially if done with Commanding Presence. I like the idea of El Mayored Tannen with Chatty from Commanding Presence and Manipulative 13

On 1/29/2017 at 10:59 PM, trikk said:

I think Graves is more with Doppel than with tannen and beckoners. He`s quite resilent for his cost. The 6" push is very good, especially if done with Commanding Presence. I like the idea of El Mayored Tannen with Chatty from Commanding Presence and Manipulative 13

Tannen's Chatty is a (1) action, so he's not getting Manipulative too unless you have Graves around :(

Cooler is amazing though.

Also Lucius in both Guild and Neverborn can take advantage of pairing Tannen with Pathfinders and Clockwork Traps (by summoning in Neverborn).  Their slow aura is a lot scarier when the enemy has to discard a card to cheat the TN 13 walk duel.  In Neverborn you can throw Barbaros into the mix as well, challenging and pushing enemies back into range of the clockwork traps.  TN 13 Walk Duels, followed by TN 14 Wp challenge on top of Manipulative is fun with cooler in play, right?  RIGHT? 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 7:00 PM, trikk said:

You can use it with Commanding Presence, so he's chatty and manipulative til he activates at the end of the turn

Oh. I should learn to read more good  :(  That's a great spot.

On 2/3/2017 at 0:01 AM, Corn said:

TN 13 Walk Duels, followed by TN 14 Wp challenge on top of Manipulative is fun with cooler in play, right?  RIGHT? 

I sure as heckfire love stacking duels with Brewmaster and Tannen, so yes  :D  Flurry? Drinking Contest. 1st attack? Drinking Contest & Manipulative. Repeat 2 more times, all in Cooler range.

Getting more discards will be gravy. Executioner's Bloody Exhibition, Nino's Headshot, Austringers' Distract... what else do we have for discards in Guild? And what have Neverborn got? Pride's once-per-turn can but he's sort-of balls otherwise.

alps -feed on dreams

insidious madness -the madness spreads -then requirs wp attackers which then leads to iggy and widow weaver or Aeslin and an autumn knight and a whisp.

waldgiest or depleted for tar pitting.

changelings copy catting actions from trapped models

emmisary  ruining peoples days with hungry land markers.