Arcanist wave 4 upgrades

Joachim

Hello,

I'm relatively new to malifaux and I currently have lady justice and rasputina. I was reading about the new upgrades and wanted to ask your opinion on this.

a. What upgrade would you suggest on blessed of december? Is well rehearsed a good option on him? Since he has eat your fill it might be nice if he's able to survive one more hit and possibly still get a chance to heal.

b. With the buff on the slate ridge mauler that makes him a bit more interesting for rasputina. He's already +1 wk but snowstorm can easily move him around as rasputina can give him armor (making him truly tanky) and frozen heart and now his melee is bumped up to a 6. As a bonus, a silent one might ge a heal onto him to keep him above his hard to kill treshold.

Does this make sense or are there better options? Before suggesting alternatives to these models, I really like the frozen heart team and prefer crews that are reasonably true to their theme.

Thanks for any advice.

Greetings, Joachim.

3 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I've seen it before and what it tells me is that it takes a ridiculous amount of effort to polish a turd. So I still think the analogy stands for the Slate Ridge Mauler...

On a more serious note, if you really like the SRM model, bring it and let it amble around sucking on its own, don't waste the rest of your crew on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bengt said:

I've seen it before and what it tells me is that it takes a ridiculous amount of effort to polish a turd. So I still think the analogy stands for the Slate Ridge Mauler...

On a more serious note, if you really like the SRM model, bring it and let it amble around sucking on its own, don't waste the rest of your crew on it.

Yeah, if you want something to really shine, you shouldn't start with a turd.

• Like 1

I will definetely try the blessed of december with well rehearsed, as I like the model and the way it plays and i have it painted up.

I'm not a super fan of the slate ridge mauler so I won't go for it at the moment. Looking at its stats it looked like a good option but I'm a noob so I probably look at it wrong.

I currently have snowstorm and blessed on top of the crew box. I'm right now looking for silent ones, december acolyte and essence of power to give me some more options.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Hi man!

a. Yes it's a good option, with that option Blessed turns extra hard, test it, in the other hand other good options are ofcourse Imbued Energies for extra movility and with marcos Pack Leader, because its a durable beast to carry it.

b.Yes xD, they do Ridge Mauler better but still IMO it's the worst option to take =(

The upgrade to add to the Blessed depends hugely on what else you are doing, and what else you have.

Imbued energies is always good. AP is very handy. Well rehersed is a sort of hard to kill, which is pretty good, even if you only have the Blessed within 3" of itself, there are 2 possibkle downsides, in that firstly it might never get near to death because of its healing, and secondly, if its forced to use the upgrade it sort of only costs the opponent 1 extra AP to kill it again to start with. (The fact it heals does mean that it might be pretty helpful).  Pack Leader is quite handy if you have other beasts and/or you have a lot of WP duels you expect to force. The Frozen hearted upgrade is probably not that useful as I typically wouldn't have it near enough to enough models to give them the trigger, but the way you paly the blessed may different. I don't think Blade and claw is worth it, as leap on the blessed is probably better in almost all circumstances. 

If you take the Slate ridge there is no reason to not take the dancing bear upgrade because it can't take any other upgrades and it costs 0. (But it does make it slightly weaker against models with the bigger they are...). The general problem with the slate ridgr that I have found is that it isn't a significant threat until its hurt, so my opponents either never hurt it, or plan to kill it off before it gets to take advantage of the bonus'.

Problem with that is, I almost never take Blessed to start. usually I'll go Myranda + Energies. Extra activation + 4 cards and flexiblity if Blessed doesn't end up being what I want. Where Well Rehearsed gets real fun is on models like the new Guards where they already have H2K so its an extra layer of padding to them and can be tossed to someone else if the need arises too. Like denying an opponent that last point on Eliminate the Leadership because you keep your master alive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Well Rehearsed on the Blessed (Luther, to be more accurate) in Colette crews, because I like to use her scheme marker production in general and I can use the Well Rehearsed reaction to scheme markers to push Luther around to get him closer to where he needs to be to do the work I hired him for. It does give him pseudo-H2K, which is nice if your opponent is trying to kill him, but may never come up for a couple of reasons:  (1) if he's running around using leap+charge to run down scheme runners, there's no reason to not shoot for the Eat Your Fill trigger on his killing attack and (2) if he's running down scheme runners, he might not end up in a fight or position where the pseudo-H2K comes up at all.
Blade and Claw is something that can be nice, even in a Rasputina crew, as it would allow the Blessed to swap places with an Ice Gamin as a (0) action. However, I don't know if I'd put it on the Blessed, as that would mess with its ability to leap to where it needs to go.

IF blade and claw said turn 1 I would be sold and it'd go in my Marcus crew everytime so that I could fling Howard in people's faces end of the turn. That not on turn 1 caveat makes me hesitant to even try it, which is unfair because it seems good. It also should be pointed out that a good opponent is going to see the bait and switch coming from a mile away