Chuck Norris Model

Question inspired by my Chuck Norris desk calendar

1/23/2017- When he is thirsty, Chuck Norris drinks hot sauce.

1/24/2017- Chuck Norris lights campfires with fire ants.

If Wyrd were to make a Chuck Norris Model for Malifaux what do you think his:

• Clever Name
  • His Faction would be
  • Keywords
  • Stats
  • Abilities
  • Attacks and Tactical Actions

Not that all these need to answered right way But I was thinking:

1. He would be called "Marshall Law"
  2. Guild for sure(cowboy western) and I think you could make a case for ten thunders (the guild is infiltrating ten thunders through the underground fighting scene)

Thought it would be fun to discuss as there is so much Chuck Norris humor and quotes, abilities and actions I feel are plentiful! Look forward to seeing what everyone thinks.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would be extremely disappointed if Wyrd produced a Chuck Norris tribute model. 

The man is a horrendous racist and homophobic bigot.  He should command zero respect, and be recognised as the sort of person everyone should aspire never to be.  The meme was briefly funny; but has grown into something which utterly misrepresents him.  He isn't a hero, he was a bad movie and series actor who uses his fame and money to spread his backwards views.

The gaming community is a hard place for those of us who are a different race and/or sexuality.  Anything acknowledging people like Chuck Norris lets racists and bigots in the community believe their views are supported; this should never be encouraged.  

Its a difficult job for a gaming company to try and be progressive, but Wyrd tries.  They fail occasionally, but admit their faults and try harder to produce games that are inclusive and welcoming to all types of gamers.  Its one of the things that keeps me and many others as customers, and if it ever changed, I suspect would lose them a great deal of faith from their community.

• Like 2

@Armour with all respect.. were is many characters in Malifaux, which linked and/or associated with terrible and disgusting person (real or fictional).
Jack Ripper for example or Frankenstein's monster or something from Howard Lovecraft.
You don't think that Wyrd support serial killer or collective madness, isn't you?
Furthermore, post is not about model in game not even about concept art. It's about assumption "If Wyrd were to make a Chuck Norris Model", and more about fun abilities of Public Culture's character imho.

• Like 1

Not to get into an argument about which is worse, but your references all cite either imaginary characters or individuals long dead whose views were shaped by a different time, and no longer can comment on what today's world is like. It's one thing to make a pastiche of Vlad Tspesh, Elizabeth Bathory, Al Capone, Frankenstein, or Jack the Ripper. It's another to do that to a living contemporary public figure.

I'd argue if the individual in question had passed away 80 or so years ago and the only cultural artifact left was the pop culture memes attributed to him, all would be well and good. It's another thing to do so to an individual still living, and not pretty much only known for their memes. Especially since further actions taken while still among the quick could shift public perception permanently.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject as this has the potential to be a highly charged opinion piece.

• Like 2