January 23 - Through the Breach Core

Lucidicide

5 minutes ago, 8wGremlin said:

Question: in the "A Stitch in Time" Wold campaign do the players have to pick one of the fourteen pregenerated characters or can they create their own and still be able enter their details.

To participate in the event, players will have to play one of the pregenerated characters.

Once the World-Wide Event has finished, we'll release the adventure as a printed Penny Dreadful adventure, and then groups can do whatever they want with it. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Masquer said:

Where does this put the Neverborn book? Last I saw it was supposed to come out after Bayou.

Unless I finally get that time travel device working, it's probably not going to come out before Into the Bayou. :P

More seriously, it is still on the agenda. The Core Rules got pushed forward due to being more important for the game as a whole, but the Neverborn book is definitely still on the agenda.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mason said:

Unless I finally get that time travel device working, it's probably not going to come out before Into the Bayou. :P

More seriously, it is still on the agenda. The Core Rules got pushed forward due to being more important for the game as a whole, but the Neverborn book is definitely still on the agenda.

Heh. On a related note, can stats and background for Guild Lawyers be expected in either book?

I have to admit, I'm extremely excited for this. I've always enjoyed Through the Breach, but I felt like the Fated Almanac and Fatemaster's Almanac were a bit lacking, especially when compared to the supplements. The pursuit design is significantly better there, with each Pursuit boasting good synergy, tons of flavorful abilities, and generally being more "fun". Some of the Fated Almanac pursuits felt a bit random/conflicted, such as the Tinkerer which mixed attacking people with Cyberlimbs and controlling robots. I feel like the Advanced Pursuits generally took a big step up as well, lacking things like "Death Marshall only getting an Peacebringer". Taking a look at some skills that might be extraneous (Farming, Homesteading, and Husbandry could probably be one skill) or might too important (Evade/Toughness) might also be a major improvement. I've been extremely satisfied with the supplements to Through the Breach, and seeing those improvements applied to the core rulebooks will only make this RPG even better. I look forward to learning more in the future!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like a number of the posters in this thread, I also had just gotten started with Through The Breach when I saw the announcement for the 2nd Edition. However, the opportunity to get the same rules set in a ‘cleaned up/streamlined,’ manner [and in hardcover to boot] is simply too good to pass up or to get aggravated about LOL. I suppose I may be a bit of an odd duck, but I prefer to read the books/learn the rules of any given game, etc. while using my PC or laptop, yet I like hardcover for actually playing the game. With all of that said I am, needless to say, very interested in pre-ordering: however, I’m also [for what I would think are obvious reasons] interested in whether or not there will be some kind of preorder/PDF combo deal.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With what @DoomWarden said: getting the core rules cleaned up and streamlined will help a lot with trying to start a campaign. For me and some of the people I game with, the biggest obstacle to getting started is introducing the rules, and since most of us are not conversant in the TTB flow it's tricky to get someone who is also completely new read in.

I'm looking forward to it on that idea alone: if I can get some people who've never tried to digest the rules to go through and build a character that they find compelling enough to make up a story for in less time than it takes to get a pizza delivered, I know the campaign is off to a good start. The sooner we get to our roles and card flips, the better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, (Sarcasm) said:

Since it's August now, are hard copies of Through The Breach Core available on the webstore or in PDF form on DrivethroughRPG?

We don't put out PDFs for our books until after the brick and mortar stores have had time to get their sales in. Generally, that means a month or more after the books hit shelves.

So almost certainly not until GenCon is over, and even then, August is probably unlikely.

• Like 1