January 23 - Through the Breach Core

Lucidicide

11 hours ago, necroon said:

To be fair I wouldn't drink the local water there, either. I doubt the guild has water purification technology and if the local wildlife is as deadly as it is I can only imagine how bad the microscopic stuff in the water is.....

Historically speaking, we're at the point where water is filtered, but chlorine purification is just now starting to catch on back on Earth.

The mid 1890s were the first time someone said, "Hey, we could use chlorine to purify water," and London just started in 1905. It doesn't hit the US until 1908 or so.

But otherwise, people have probably been drinking straight out of that river for some time. It certainly happened during the days of the first Breach. It's likely no more dangerous than drinking from any other fast-moving river back on Earth.

If you're worried about getting sick in Malifaux, the insects are a much, much bigger concern than whatever's in the water. The Guild's locked in an eternal fumigation war to keep the city habitable during the summer months (see also: Under Quarantine).

• Like 8

12 hours ago, necroon said:

To be fair I wouldn't drink the local water there, either. I doubt the guild has water purification technology and if the local wildlife is as deadly as it is I can only imagine how bad the microscopic stuff in the water is..... :mellow: Probably better off with refreshment of the alcoholic kind or imported water which is most likely more exspensive then the former option and possibly still just from the river outside anyways. 

New Gremlin master confirmed.  Ht 0, Amoeba Lacroix!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Seadhna said:

Cool, just the opportunity I needed to try running TTB!

Slightly offtopic: the new banner makes the mobile version blow out of proportion as it doesn't resize properly

*showering praise on both whoever fixed this and Seadhna for bringing it to that person's attention*

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greebo said:

I guess you have to wait until the 13th of February for more information to be revealed. I also guess participation sign up will be handled similarly to the divergent path participation, so via a separate section of the homepage. 

Yup, we'll have instructions available when the event goes live. :)

• Like 1

Forgive my sort of focused interest, but will it have any details on how the neverborn/nephilim rulers came to be? We know Lilith dethroned Nekima, but we don't know how Nekima came to rule in the first place.  Who was the first ruler of Nephilims?  That sort of thing (as far as i know, TTB did not explore neverborn as much as the other factions yet).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mason said:

Historically speaking, we're at the point where water is filtered, but chlorine purification is just now starting to catch on back on Earth.

The mid 1890s were the first time someone said, "Hey, we could use chlorine to purify water," and London just started in 1905. It doesn't hit the US until 1908 or so.

But otherwise, people have probably been drinking straight out of that river for some time. It certainly happened during the days of the first Breach. It's likely no more dangerous than drinking from any other fast-moving river back on Earth.

If you're worried about getting sick in Malifaux, the insects are a much, much bigger concern than whatever's in the water. The Guild's locked in an eternal fumigation war to keep the city habitable during the summer months (see also: Under Quarantine).

Image result for the more you know

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

Forgive my sort of focused interest, but will it have any details on how the neverborn/nephilim rulers came to be? We know Lilith dethroned Nekima, but we don't know how Nekima came to rule in the first place.  Who was the first ruler of Nephilims?  That sort of thing (as far as i know, TTB did not explore neverborn as much as the other factions yet).

There is more information on Lilith and Nekima than elsewhere, but the exact details of that arrangement will have to wait for the Neverborn supplement to be released.

• Like 6

Excellent. Currently we only have Malifaux First edition books' stories to go for and her M2E's description, which is abysimally short. The tease about a neverborn supplement is also highly appreciated.

She's an awesome villain character, and utterly unexploited so far, so i hope she gets some camera time someday.

• Like 1

Since it seemed to get lost on the last page:

Will the change be drastic enough that converting characters over will be prohibitive?

I just got the books and am interested in giving it a go, but if it catches on and my group likes it, I like the idea of cleaner rules and rebalanced mechanics, so I'd likely grab 2.0 unless the changes are enough to make that not so great an idea.

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

Since it seemed to get lost on the last page:

Will the change be drastic enough that converting characters over will be prohibitive?

I think it will be a pretty easy conversion.

Just go step from step down the Pursuits your players chose, replace the old Talents with one of the offered new Talents at each step, reallocate and skill points from discontinued skills, and make sure that the wording on your General Talents and Magia didn't change.

We've moved the Skill Triggers from Into the Steam into the Core Rules and updated a few of them, but if you want to stick with the old Skill triggers, it probably won't break anything (and many of them didn't change in any case).

15 hours ago, Mason said:

I'm building a Fumigator character. Something about those guys is just creepy.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2017 at 6:59 PM, sycorax said:

I'm honestly kind of torn... recently gone hard into TTB. Got all the main books and expansions for Christmas just gone. Loving it. So to hear of a second edition this quick after getting the core books is kind of a gut punch. 

But at the same time not invalidating any of the other books is a great thing. And a very wise one. 

Just not sure how to mentally process this yet....

I feel you, got hooked up my self on couple of months ago and bought every book.
So I have mixed feelings about this announcement :)

On 1/23/2017 at 11:13 AM, Xynok said:

Nearly had a rant but seeing as it's compatible with the expansions, I'm all for it.

I too nearly went ballistic upon seeing the words "2nd Edition" when Wyrd still hasn't released the Neverborn book yet. To not finish the expansion releases prior to introducing a new edition would be poor form, but then I read the phrase "compatible with the expansions" and now I'm Giddy as #$^%! Still anxious to see the rest of the expansions come out though. They flush out the world so well! It makes the Fate Master's job so much easier. I got the last of the expansions for Christmas and I must say all of the expansions are stellar.

On a side note, I'm VERY curious about the new skills possibly being introduced. The skills section was in my opinion the weakest part of the system. I've had to invent multiple skills to accommodate my campaign as the breadth is just not there.

• Like 2