Favorite Autumn Knight

Voodoo Specter

On 29/01/2017 at 4:59 PM, JarnabyBones said:

When I first used them I loved Claw and disliked Tooth. Now, with Titania opposite is true. If I take 2 claw stays behind. Lucius and Dreamer both like Claw the most of the three however. 

Why do you take Claw more often with Dreamer?

4 hours ago, kaintxu said:

Why do you take Claw more often with Dreamer?

Empty Night on Dreamer. Allows him to target a minion or nightmare and on a specific trigger pushes the model and allows it to make a (1) Ml action. Claw has an 8" gun that operates off of the Ml stat, so Dreamer can push claw and then allow claw to chuck a spear for 1 ap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, JarnabyBones said:

Empty Night on Dreamer. Allows him to target a minion or nightmare and on a specific trigger pushes the model and allows it to make a (1) Ml action. Claw has an 8" gun that operates off of the Ml stat, so Dreamer can push claw and then allow claw to chuck a spear for 1 ap.

Thanks for this.

never realised it, but now I have a. Use for claw. Thorn and tooth can go on my Titania lists and claw can replace the illuminated on my dreamer lists.

do you guys think an autum knight can replace an illuminated and will be as thought as one of them?

4 hours ago, kaintxu said:

Thanks for this.

never realised it, but now I have a. Use for claw. Thorn and tooth can go on my Titania lists and claw can replace the illuminated on my dreamer lists.

do you guys think an autum knight can replace an illuminated and will be as thought as one of them?

You aren't going to see the same damage output from a Knight as an Illuminated, but they scheme better, have pulls, hand out slow with engagement. It's a trade off.

• Like 2

After a few more games my current favorite is The Tooth.  Her auto drop markers on her hitting has worked incredibly well as a bodyguard for Titania as well as having extra's lying around for Malifaux Provides.  A close second is The Thorn because of how much support she can put out with a 3" engagement and card draw is really useful.

I'm about to start testing Queen's Champion more, so these two might switch spots.  We'll see.

• Like 1

The Thorn is still my favorite.  The ability to ignore armor (offset by a lower min damage), the 3" area to deny interactions, and the push on her attack are all just so good.  And in general, I am finding the Knights to be *amazing* for 7ss.

They are incredibly tanky for something that's so useful.  Hard to Wound +1 combined with 1 Armor means they're very often taking 1 damage from an attack against many things, 2 at the most.  The slow aura is just bonus.  They are absolutely in the pool of "I have so many awesome 7ss models I need to take!"

1 hour ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

The Thorn is still my favorite.  The ability to ignore armor (offset by a lower min damage), the 3" area to deny interactions, and the push on her attack are all just so good.  And in general, I am finding the Knights to be *amazing* for 7ss.

They are incredibly tanky for something that's so useful.  Hard to Wound +1 combined with 1 Armor means they're very often taking 1 damage from an attack against many things, 2 at the most.  The slow aura is just bonus.  They are absolutely in the pool of "I have so many awesome 7ss models I need to take!"

Dammit, you're right!  I've been taking both, and apparently conflated them. ;)

Thorn is still my favorite, even with that.