Favorite Autumn Knight

Voodoo Specter

I like to take The Thorn for card draw and armour hate. If I need consistent healing for Titania I'll take The Tooth (other good sources of scheme markers are Wisps and The Queen's Champion upgrade on something with extra attacks), I never really take The Claw because I find his lure trigger is difficult to get off consistently and you need a suit to place a scheme marker with his attack.

I find it depends on the strat and scheme and what I'm up against. 

Outside of a Titania crew I generally take Claw the most, getting the trigger on his lure off is a great way of getting rid of models quickly. After that its probably the Tooth as I can get 3 attacks off from her lure (if done right), and not necessarily get any retribution. I will use Thorn more if theres armour or I need to get more scheme markers down.

I usually find with the knights that you don't want to be laying a scheme marker down with every hit. Not unless you have a good way of removing the unwanted ones (so you can score Claim Jumpr etc.)

I typically take two and leave Claw in my case.  I like the model but I don't particularly like his attack or challenge compared to the other two.  My ladies can get free attacks (good for taking out weaker models.  Probably not great against Lady Justice), and really good scheme marker placement at range.

15 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

I typically take two and leave Claw in my case.  I like the model but I don't particularly like his attack or challenge compared to the other two.  My ladies can get free attacks (good for taking out weaker models.  Probably not great against Lady Justice), and really good scheme marker placement at range.

And now you made me want to invest in this box just to get the Knights for Levi... Evil you ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At first blush, Thorn.  3" melee, ignores armor and an 8" push that includes a scheme marker.  

Claw seems fantastic for singling someone out for Murder.  - to def flips is so good.

I feel like Tooth has a niche that I can't quite find.  The free attack is fantastic, but taking a hit, even at - flip, seems like too much of a cost unless you can turn that on with something.  I'm considering Lucius with a Guild Lawyer - put Fees on something, then lure with Tooth.  Also possibly Black Blood Shaman, so that the model being lured comes in, gets one shot (which does 3 damage to it) for, hopefully, 1-3 damage, then gets killed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

At first blush, Thorn.  3" melee, ignores armor and an 8" push that includes a scheme marker.  

Claw seems fantastic for singling someone out for Murder.  - to def flips is so good.

I feel like Tooth has a niche that I can't quite find.  The free attack is fantastic, but taking a hit, even at - flip, seems like too much of a cost unless you can turn that on with something.  I'm considering Lucius with a Guild Lawyer - put Fees on something, then lure with Tooth.  Also possibly Black Blood Shaman, so that the model being lured comes in, gets one shot (which does 3 damage to it) for, hopefully, 1-3 damage, then gets killed.

The Tooth is really good for guaranteeing scheme markers to heal Titania. The extra attack with The Tooth is nice against something that doesn't have a melee attack or has the "She will end us all..." condition.

Tooth is good for hunting down scheme runners. Most usually have a charge of 6 and a 1" melee. If you get it right you can Challenge of summer from 7.5" away, they push to 1.5" away and can't take an attack, then Tooth gets to open that can off Whoop on their behinds. 3 attacks at min damage 2 with a built in trigger for placing scheme markers can usually mean your taking the critter down and getting 'dig their graves' at the same time.

Claw is good for either pulling in bigger models and putting them on -ve DF. Or for hitting things from distance to place scheme markers.

Thorn is useful for holding models up in her larger engagement or for taking down armoured foes. Though I've found she does tend to need a hand from scheme markers already placed to get some decent damage down.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

Hmmmm.  I was debating if that worked.  Is being forced to take an attack the same thing as declaring it?  I haven't had my books since I got Titania, so I'm sure yet. ;)  That would be a good upside.  

Step 1 of taking an action is declaring it. You can't take an action without declaring it, so this should work well. 

On 2/9/2017 at 8:29 AM, Clyde_Davis said:

Recently, I've found a new appreciation for Tooth. The extra Push from her blade and the ease at which she drops scheme markers is also great. 

After playing with Tooth and Thorn last night, I think Tooth might be my favorite as well, because I'm fascinated by the Pounce triggers.  Tooth can Lure, get a free attack, generate 1-2 Pounces, push the model that was lured, get 1-2 more Pounces, then attack again, getting 1-2 more pounces.  Last night I got 6 attacks off 2 ap, which was amazing.

I don't have the expertise to call any favorites right now, but I played The Thorn twice in a voices Pandora list in tournament yesterday. I lost both games, but it certainly wasn't because of Thorn. She is super-amazing with dora I think. I occasionally felt there was just TOO MUCH (in a good way) synergy so I even forgot stuff, but that was due to my inexperience. Probably with Box-dora she is even better.

Widow Weaver+Thorn+Pandora (misery).. just oh my god what a fantastic package! Misery pings from several locations while giving -wp to enemy while drawing cards while dropping sceme markers while eating opponents hand while luring stuff etc etc :D