Rasputina and Ramos thematic pool max 20 models

Peppi

Hello,

We are creating some thematic but at the same time fun and competitive crews. The goal is to create a large enough pool (20 models max) for players who will be using 1 master and need a crew well-rounded. I've included a list but your suggestion will be most welcome, please suggested to me if add, remove, or simply reduce the number of models needed! (all the models in production are good).

Rasputina Pool (mostly Frozen Heart/Winter models)

Wendigo

Snow Storm

Blessed of December

Ice Golem

3 x Ice Gamins

2 x Silen Ones

3 x December Acolytes

2 x Ice Dancers

3 x Hoarcat Prides

3 x Raptors

Ramos Pool (mostly mechanical creations not only focused on summon spiders)

Brass Arachnid

Electric Creation

Joss

H. Langstone

Johan

9 x Arachnids

Arachnid Swarm

2 x Large Arachnids

Mobile Toolkit

3 x Union Miners

2 x Soulstone Miners

Generic Pool (Shared)

Arcane Emissary

Mechanical Rider

Arcane Effigy

Note: the number of models is that one of the original boxes

Many thanks in advance

(The same post will be added to the various faction forums)

If you have 12 Arachnids I think you should build 9 Steam Arachnids and 1 Steam Arachnid Swarm.

Soulstone Miners and Union Miners are well themed with Ramos.

Mechanical Rider I don't think shares any theme with Ramos, it's not a robot built in Ramos' labs or workshops, it's an otherworldly apparition that happens to have the construct characteristic. Arcane Effigy is similar (it was built by Zoraida), as much as I love the little bugger. These guys should be firmly in the shared Arcanist pool if there is one.

2 hours ago, Peppi said:

Angelica, Anna Lovelace and Cassandra in a Ramos crew? Are they thematic and useful enough?

Angelica or Cassandra can be super useful in any Arcanist crew (Practiced Production is kind of filthy), but they share zero theme with Ramos. Anna doesn't share any theme either and don't have any particular synergy with Ramos (not that she is bad in herself).

On 22/1/2017 at 10:15 PM, Bengt said:

If you have 12 Arachnids I think you should build 9 Steam Arachnids and 1 Steam Arachnid Swarm.

Soulstone Miners and Union Miners are well themed with Ramos.

Mechanical Rider I don't think shares any theme with Ramos, it's not a robot built in Ramos' labs or workshops, it's an otherworldly apparition that happens to have the construct characteristic. Arcane Effigy is similar (it was built by Zoraida), as much as I love the little bugger. These guys should be firmly in the shared Arcanist pool if there is one.

Angelica or Cassandra can be super useful in any Arcanist crew (Practiced Production is kind of filthy), but they share zero theme with Ramos. Anna doesn't share any theme either and don't have any particular synergy with Ramos (not that she is bad in herself).

yes you're right, they are good ideas, thank you. I would say that Ramos is complete: discreetly themed and a good number of models.

I added to the crew of Rasputina also:

Raptors: can serve as annoyance in general and nice to engage in melee isolated firing positions

Hoarcats: are good flankers and have Devour, can be useful in the middle of the board dropping schemes and why not removing a Paralyzed model with some lucky.

Both are thematic although not Frozen Heart models.

21 hours ago, Griffin839 said:

I think you would be fine with 10 spiders. If you are playing them aggressively and using them to tie up the opponent's models(which is how I personally feel you need to play them) then they will constantly be dying and you can recycle them.

yes agree, thank you