Ei guude wie?! - Greetings from Marburg - Germany

Greebo

Guude! (For foreigners I should say "Good Day!)

My name is Hannes and I've recently become the Henchman for Marburg in Hesse. This is why I thought I should introduce myself. 

I'm a teacher at a school for blind and visually impaired children here in Marburg and I've been playing tabletop games for about 15 years. I started with GW's 40k, then sought more tactical depths in their Fantasy setting - which then got a new edition with less tactical depth. After that I started to look out for other games and had to persuade my friends to join me. It took some time but with Warmachine I was lucky to infect the people around me. Me and some friends created a nice community and I started to visit some tournaments. One of this friends one day brought along some Malifaux rules right as the first 10T plastics were released. I was totally hooked by Yan Lo and all the other beautiful models. The first few games of Malifaux (still with the 1.5 ruleset) were nice, but I was not completely sold on the rules. Gladly the M2E beta started soon and I totally fell in love with the game. I played less and less Warmachine and focused on Malifaux. Sadly life made my small community who met regularly drift away and I got only few games in for a short time. Luckily I came back to my old 40k community here in Marburg which had changed a lot. We created a club Multiversum Marburg e.V., found a location to meet in and now have regular meetings every week. I got some people to start Malifaux and some people to get out their old Malifaux miniatures. With the arrival of a new player from Cuxhaven I and some people from our club started to go to tournaments. In March we'll have our first local tournament. For that we are building even more beautiful terrain - thanks to @Nimo we are really spoiled with beautiful tables and custom made terrain. 

Right now I mainly play Malifaux but still own some 40k which I haven't played for several years. I sometimes get back to Warmachine but I'm not into it right now. For fun games I sometimes take out my Joker Crew for the Batman Miniatures Game. My Malifaux collection escalated a bit during the last year and I now own all of the Rezzers and 10T and have started to get into Neverborn. Last year I focused on playing Rezzers, this year it will be mainly 10T I think.

Our community holds events quite regularly and we've just finished our Mortheim Winter Campaign. Next will be a small Lord of the Rings growth league and a Shifting Loyalties Campaign for Malifaux in summer. We'll try to host a tournament every 3 months. 

We are always open for visitors, especially on Thursdays, starting at 1800 in the Spielebrücke in Marburg. Feel free to contact me if you want to play (also outside our regular meetings) or if you want me to demo you the game.