The Other Side - Infiltrator, The Frenzy, Striped Skulker, Yarazi pictures

GMort

@Aaron The Striped Stalker looks much bigger than the 30mm base size on the card.  Are they really going to be 30mm?  if not, then that means the Morphling can't join them.  Although looking at the morphling's render, it also looks bigger than 30mm which would be great as that means he can join the Karkinoi too...

3 hours ago, JDAntoine said:

What's not to love! The Frenzy still is an amazing model. 

However now I do wonder which bases these models come with, the known Wyrd Malifaux bases or a plastic base that will also be part of the regular model process? 

According to the blurb I got with the models they will come with the bases shown in the Kickstarter. These were just review versions...I guess they wanted them in reviewers hands before the Kickstarter ended and these were what was available.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

@Aaron The Striped Stalker looks much bigger than the 30mm base size on the card.  Are they really going to be 30mm?  if not, then that means the Morphling can't join them.  Although looking at the morphling's render, it also looks bigger than 30mm which would be great as that means he can join the Karkinoi too...

Well it wouldn't be first time, when Wyrd has models on too small bases. 

I'm looking at you, Santiago...

56 minutes ago, GMort said:

According to the blurb I got with the models they will come with the bases shown in the Kickstarter. These were just review versions...I guess they wanted them in reviewers hands before the Kickstarter ended and these were what was available.

Thought so but thanks for sharing!

4 minutes ago, Ryökäle said:

Oomph Santiago isn't even a good example :P Have you seen Ramos' brass arachnid?!

• Like 3

Just now, Ryökäle said:

At least these should be fine when you "plug" them into the fireteam base... The models do look awesome! I'd rather they increase the base size to 40mm than shrink the model down to fit a 30mm base.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ryökäle said:

No, I'm sure it won't be an issue. I just couldn't resist having a jab at those few notorious Malifaux models. :D

All in all, models look really great! 

Oh I agree, but the more models you have (army game) the less of an issue it usually is. In addition even the 80mm bases allow for a ton of overhang actually... Just twist and turn to a point where you could bring them base to base, if you really feel inclined in doing so.

Nathan also talked about scenic basing options crossing their minds and I really hope a product like that will also eventually come. The key to a miniature game for me should remain to look awesome :D However I do agree that Malifaux has some oddities in terms of model size vs base, not too many just a few really. 

• Like 1