What's your idea you can't wait to try?

4thstringer

13 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Mortimer was on three wounds after generating three corpse markers turn 1 so I figured I would end the summoning engine turn 2. I didn't realize he probably had enough corpses to last the game already but Nico was blocked by mindless zombies either way so he was untouchable.

The extra bad part is that I had plastic surgery so all of a sudden I was giving Mort a plus flup to both defense and attack. It's not easy when Nico is cycling his entire deck and everything is on plus flips. I think I won two opposed duels out of the fifteen or so we flipped turns 1 & 2 and he still had the cards and corpses to summon 23ss worth of models while killing Judge, Sebastian and McMourning so I'm not sure how to attack his resources as has been suggested in the Nico thread.

I am awful with Dougie, but to me that just sounds like a nightmare matchup.  He struggles with his low stat issues as it is, with the card cycling and everything it sounds way worse.  

• Like 1

I've got a list I am excited to try.  It is a Lucius list with 5 guardsmen, and allison dade and the scribe standing behind them.  On the other side of the board, Lucius, a mounted guard, and a witchling thrall present an entirely different problem for my opponents.

The idea being, if I can move them up in the right order, my 5 guardsment with scribe will all be def 7, and if Dade is behind them she will heal them when they attack, or hurt people who attack them.  Yes, they still cant kill anything, but they hopefully won't need to. 

I like this list because it presents 2 different problems for my opponents.  On the one side, it is can you deal with Def 7 armor 1 models that are only 4 points and are getting shit done?   Especially if I can get you in the Aura of damage when you attack them.  On the other, it is the combo wombo of a huge charge range or a plus ML attack range for that interesting pair of models.  

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I've got a list I am excited to try.  It is a Lucius list with 5 guardsmen, and allison dade and the scribe standing behind them.  On the other side of the board, Lucius, a mounted guard, and a witchling thrall present an entirely different problem for my opponents.

The idea being, if I can move them up in the right order, my 5 guardsment with scribe will all be def 7, and if Dade is behind them she will heal them when they attack, or hurt people who attack them.  Yes, they still cant kill anything, but they hopefully won't need to. 

I like this list because it presents 2 different problems for my opponents.  On the one side, it is can you deal with Def 7 armor 1 models that are only 4 points and are getting shit done?   Especially if I can get you in the Aura of damage when you attack them.  On the other, it is the combo wombo of a huge charge range or a plus ML attack range for that interesting pair of models.  

You tie up the guardsmen with a few useless models than murder the rest and win the game. Piece of cake.

Do tell us how it goes. Do you even have that many guardsmen?

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

You tie up the guardsmen with a few useless models than murder the rest and win the game. Piece of cake.

I'm going to use my riflemen as proxy.    

Tying them up is great for me.  At def 7 the disengage shouldn't be hard and they take a damage from dades aura.   Or lucius gets close enough to push most of them out.   

I dont think it's super powerful but I'm determined to show guardsmen lists  aren't complete garbage.

14 hours ago, Myyrä said:

The 5 guardsmen are only 20 points, and whilst they are slightly clumped I'd be surprised if you tied them up with less than 20 points of models. 

I keep wanting to make Dashels new upgrade work, but not sure if the cost works in your list. 

For what its worth I do own that many Guild guard but I don't like putting the plastic ones on the table, the metal look so much better and don't really gel in style.  

I see the list doing best in Extraction/guard the stash. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Adran said:

The 5 guardsmen are only 20 points, and whilst they are slightly clumped I'd be surprised if you tied them up with less than 20 points of models.

I don't need to keep them engaged. I just need to keep them from doing anything useful. One durable model and one scheme denying model could probably achieve that, Ryle and a Reporter for example.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 1:48 PM, Myyrä said:

So in a game of  flank recon against tt misaki, it worked really well.  My opponent definitely didn't handle it well,  but all those guns eventually hit something, if they engage then dades auras matter, and they are awful good at accusation. 

I dont think it's a tourney list, but for a night gaming with friends it's a fun list. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Accusation, I need to remember not to summon Guild guard against unactivated models.

It wasn't on my list, but Lucius using What Lackeys Are For to displace an accused [not freshly summoned] guard out of a chatty aura and then ignore said aura and interact was delicious. So very fitting of the fluff. :)

Oh, wait, I can check off a milestone: finally getting full value out of a sanctioned spellcaster! She actually hit her triggers this game. I would take them to snipe incorporeal runners, which was decent for 5ss but was leaving half their attack unused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Speaking of Accusation, I need to remember not to summon Guild guard against unactivated models.

It wasn't on my list, but Lucius using What Lackeys Are For to displace an accused [not freshly summoned] guard out of a chatty aura and then ignore said aura and interact was delicious. So very fitting of the fluff. :)

Oh, wait, I can check off a milestone: finally getting full value out of a sanctioned spellcaster! She actually hit her triggers this game. I would take them to snipe incorporeal runners, which was decent for 5ss but was leaving half their attack unused.

Removing Accused condition doesn't require an interact action, so you can do it within chatty aura just fine. For the same reason you can also remove it from freshly summoned models if you somehow have the ap after you have gotten them out of the engagement.

• Like 2

I have one with Hoffman. 

Flipping 4 cards per attack with with a peace keeper and getting 4 attacks on something (One of those is focus for flipping 5 cards on the attach) 

Toolkit discards a card to give Peacekeeper + to Melee,

Hoffman power loops the peacekeeper, the Emissary does need to be close to give the + to Melee

Hoffman does On-Site Assimilate on the toolkit and discards another card for another + to Melee

Machine puppet the peacekeeper with a ram for him to focus and fast. 

Discard a card for flurry into something. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

You can only ever flip at most 4 cards per flip, regardless of modifiers (small rulebook page 17).

Sorry. Never realized there was something in the rules about that. I wonder why they have that rule at all. Very few ways to even flip 4 cards. Outside 10T and focus flying around like popcorn. 

Ok report from an idea I posted a while ago.  The flaming bullets into a companioned papa bomb.  I used this list: 

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 4 Pool
 - Delegation (1)
 - Misleading Headlines (1)
 - Guild Funds (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Samael Hopkins (9)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Death Marshal (6)
Watcher (4)
Watcher (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

It allowed me to set up a start of turn 2 bomb.  I realized if I bury sam with someone else my options for flaming bullets are a lot more durable, go at height 3, and cover more ground.  So my emissary dropped the flaming bullets,  then a fast papa came out,  walked around to the other side of a carrion emissary and then blew up himself,  The carrion to htk, a flesh construct, (edit:) datsuo ba and izamu.   Took out the options for show of force.

A later use of flaming bullets set up a big emissary turn 3 for never bluff a six gun. 

Mistakes: shouldn't have bothered with expert sleuth on sam or papa, because buried you can't use it. 

Nellie turns off a Bunch of what kirai does,  so the game went well.   The jank is real. 

• Like 3

I have some difficulty believing the flaming bullets are worth it in that setup. If you had just charged with the Emissary and blown Papa in the middle of the enemy crew, you would have probably done similar amounts of damage, and you wouldn't have had to have 10ss buried.

7 hours ago, robk444 said:

Sorry. Never realized there was something in the rules about that. I wonder why they have that rule at all. Very few ways to even flip 4 cards. Outside 10T and focus flying around like popcorn. 

Its very rare that you would ever be in a situation that you are even wanting to flip more than 4 cards, but if you were, I'm sure there are ways of abusing the control of your deck that it can offer you. (I have got Shenlong to rediculous levels of Defensive. If I knew I'd used the good cards from my deck already, I could just attack him, and flipp through all the bad cards to reset the deck. for example).   I don't know what they picked the level they did, but the odds from 4 cards and the odds from 5 cards probably don't change very much at all. 

First Malifaux game for ages on Tuesday. Pretty excited so I've been list building already.

Deployment: Standard Deployment (2)
Strategy: Guard the Stash (Crows)
Schemes:
* Claim Jump (Always)
* Dig Their Graves (Crows)
* Accusation! (Masks)
* Recover Evidence (6)
* Tail 'em (10)

And I know my opponent is trying his new Jakob Lynch crew.

I've gone for:

Lucius - Suprisingly Loyal
Scribe
Witchling Thrall
Lawyer
Austringer
Sanctioned Spellcaster
Terracotta Warrior
Field Reporter
Changeling
Guardian

Schemes to be Tail' em and Accusation!

Plan being to pretty much stubbornly hold on and refuse to die while sitting on the objectives and tagging accusations/spotted all over.

Thrall, Lawyer, Guardian and Terracotta Warrior for stubborn refusal to die.
Austringer for push + interacts for accusing.
Spellcaster to counter lures from Beckoners with his (0) action.
Field Reporter to hoover up any enemy scheme markers if he goes for those schemes.
Changeling to be a cheap extra pair of hands and maybe turn the Illumminated's brilliance back on them by stealing their bonus damage.

Reporter and Changelings also manipulative so stick with the hard to attack theme.

• Like 1

I dont think it cost me that much to have him buried for one turn where he activated on both sides of the bury.  And ive edited my original post, I also got datsuo ba with that attack.  I dont think I could have killed nearly that much, using so little of my hand, with just papa and emissary.  Ive tried before, and never taken out an opponents list so brutally.  If my opponent hadn't summoned 4 hanged,  a shikome and an onryo during would have been game over.      As it was I still controlled acTivations and won 10-3.

On 30/06/2017 at 11:27 AM, Jam Warrior said:

First Malifaux game for ages on Tuesday. Pretty excited so I've been list building already.

Deployment: Standard Deployment (2)
Strategy: Guard the Stash (Crows)
Schemes:
* Claim Jump (Always)
* Dig Their Graves (Crows)
* Accusation! (Masks)
* Recover Evidence (6)
* Tail 'em (10)

And I know my opponent is trying his new Jakob Lynch crew.

I've gone for:

Lucius - Suprisingly Loyal
Scribe
Witchling Thrall
Lawyer
Austringer
Sanctioned Spellcaster
Terracotta Warrior
Field Reporter
Changeling
Guardian

Schemes to be Tail' em and Accusation!

Plan being to pretty much stubbornly hold on and refuse to die while sitting on the objectives and tagging accusations/spotted all over.

Thrall, Lawyer, Guardian and Terracotta Warrior for stubborn refusal to die.
Austringer for push + interacts for accusing.
Spellcaster to counter lures from Beckoners with his (0) action.
Field Reporter to hoover up any enemy scheme markers if he goes for those schemes.
Changeling to be a cheap extra pair of hands and maybe turn the Illumminated's brilliance back on them by stealing their bonus damage.

Reporter and Changelings also manipulative so stick with the hard to attack theme.

It went pretty well!  I fairly handily scored max so only needed to deny a couple of points for the win.  The Guardian and the Thrall were great at just standing by the stash markers and refusing to die and The Watcher as a last minute swap in for the Changeling was an excellent choice for swooping in at the last minute if a push or pull had left a stash unguarded.

Turns out Lucius' handing out push and interact is great for removing accusations as well as handing them out.  I still love the flexibility he gives, where as long as he hasn't activated almost every single model of yours is still a potential threat.

All this despite managing to have Lucius paralyse himself with horror via a terribly timed black joker, and my opponent's end of turn one hand looking like this:

file.php?id=263

• Like 2

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 7 Pool
 - Secret Assets (2)
The Scribe (2)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
Executioner (9)
 - Ready To Work (0)
Death Marshal (6)
Guild Austringer (6)
Clockwork Trap (2)

(exported from CrewFaux)

I want to try this list.   The idea being defensive buffed executioner should be able to get a three attack debt to the guild turn 1.  After that I take advantage of the speed of grimwell and Lucius's ability to get markers down.   A side effect of this list is a death marshall with a trap in his pocket.   I think that could be really interesting. 

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 7 Pool
 - Secret Assets (2)
The Scribe (2)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
Executioner (9)
 - Ready To Work (0)
Death Marshal (6)
Guild Austringer (6)
Clockwork Trap (2)

(exported from CrewFaux)

I want to try this list.   The idea being defensive buffed executioner should be able to get a three attack debt to the guild turn 1.  After that I take advantage of the speed of grimwell and Lucius's ability to get markers down.   A side effect of this list is a death marshall with a trap in his pocket.   I think that could be really interesting. 

How does the Executioner get Debt?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seed a field of scheme markers, emissary-bury opposing henchman on opposite flank, pop it out amidst scheme marker nest, declare Set Up, profit! :)

Also if you were wondering how old Lucius list does with Newcius, it was fairly easy to prod the hunter to melee with triple positive attack flip (unactivated enemy, proximity to Lucius, focus). Unfortunately, it still managed to miss, somehow.

On the list of things to do: I'm testing out Lucius of late, and on the list is to bring the emissary and Master Queeg and see whether Lucius can be a legitimate melee threat with Backstab, never mind that it is an inefficient use of his AP when he could be multiplying AP of others.

• Like 2

Its threat range was easy to predict, but while Lucius was within range of Tannen punishing cheating, that Backstab attack got ugly. For that one turn when something absolutely needed to die and it was worth trading the usual 2-for-1 AP efficiency, not bad.

Lucius only with the upgrade to hire mimics, Queeg and Promises, Tannen and Curfew, Graves and doppelgänger with Debt, Emissary with Lucius' conflux, and guardian. Low activations, many positive flips, total control of interacts in chosen areas.

• Like 1