What's your idea you can't wait to try?

4thstringer

1 hour ago, Legislat said:

But ancient protection is once per turn, and condition ends after resolving. 

Even getting one more boom out of papa before he dies is a really big deal if you can get it.  I'm not sure if you would get it off, but if so, oh man.

Its the same reason Armor 2 papa from the nurse is so interesting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Legislat said:

But ancient protection is once per turn, and condition ends after resolving. 

Lucius allows for models to do things outside of their activation. You could put Ancient Protection on Papa turn 1 then box him, unbox him turn 2 in position to boom once or twice (ideally around activated models), then use Lucius to get more moves/Ancient Protections/booms/heals? out-of-activation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Whirlwind in Guild.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

Come to think of it, I think the slingshot can be replicated except for the +2 damage.

I'll be honest, the thought of it doesn't excite me as it ought. :mellow: Been on the receiving end of it often enough.

Mind explaining?  I'm not seeing it. 

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Mind explaining?  I'm not seeing it. 

Make Phiona be the construct she always should have been, apply queller buff and Debt for pseudo Mark buff, apply targeting systems and power loop and possibly +dmg buff of choice, emissary boxaport base to base for power loop +atk, profit. Possibly. Someone going up against Guild should expect that we will delete one target, but might not spread out thinking that a non-Sonnia will not threaten multiples.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Make Phiona be the construct she always should have been, apply queller buff and Debt for pseudo Mark buff, apply targeting systems and power loop and possibly +dmg buff of choice, emissary boxaport base to base for power loop +atk, profit. Possibly. Someone going up against Guild should expect that we will delete one target, but might not spread out thinking that a non-Sonnia will not threaten multiples.

Please stop giving him new ideas. Especially when they include phiona. ;)

36 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

To be honest,  I cant put a finger on why but I dont like the domador/belle package.  I think it is that I don't like not having a second undead model to obey.

Might be that 'not enough soulstones to split themes' rule of thumb bothering you, then. I know I'm more interested in testing undead with a second characteristic, too, or otherwise with McMourning who can grant the characteristic with 1ss plus move actions.

That being said, why not a performer? Shorter range?

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

To be honest,  I cant put a finger on why but I dont like the domador/belle package.  I think it is that I don't like not having a second undead model to obey.

The domador should be able to move, scheme, damage/heal anyway, so why not? :P

I just loathe Beckoners when I can have Belles, to be honest^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

It didn't work.   My opponent charged misaki into sonnia before I could get her clear of my lines to do it.  

Saccing your master to cause about Papa Loco's damage doesn't sound like a brilliant move all things considered. She doesn't have the staying power to get good use out of that bubble unless you heavily out-activate your opponent (which being guild, let's face it, you won't be doing anytime soon).

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Saccing your master to cause about Papa Loco's damage doesn't sound like a brilliant move all things considered. She doesn't have the staying power to get good use out of that bubble unless you heavily out-activate your opponent (which being guild, let's face it, you won't be doing anytime soon).

It's definitely possible to out-activate Misaki.

Although, I agree that focusing on using Inferno sounds like a pretty bad idea.

Honestly, I am probably going to try to force it again.  I'll probably spend two turns blasting with papa bonus before heading in.  I'll probably give her upgrades focused on keeping her alive and full stones.  

I know it isn't good, but I can't help but think that if she were just instinctual, so I could get her defense up to a decent amount and still put out a damage 3 pulse at the end of each turn.  Hell, I would take inferno as a 1 action.

Honestly, GG2018 and wave 5 has been too good to me.  I am looking for offbeat stuff because everything I play feels rather powerful right now.

Why wait till the end of Turn. Witchling Stalkers are perfectly capable of ending the condition on her when you need it to end.

I agree, if it were a (1) or she was instinctual, it would be much easier to get to a position that she can survive and blast at the end of turn.  

27 minutes ago, Adran said:

Why wait till the end of Turn. Witchling Stalkers are perfectly capable of ending the condition on her when you need it to end.

I agree, if it were a (1) or she was instinctual, it would be much easier to get to a position that she can survive and blast at the end of turn.  

Inferno acts as a thing to scare people away too.

• 2 weeks later...