What's your idea you can't wait to try?

4thstringer

We all do it.   Sit and theory-faux combinations or list styles that when you get the right strats and schemes,  you have something you want to try out.   So this thread is to provide a repository for those.  Heres mine of the moment:

1. I never really did lady j to the face with the emissary, with frank and guardian buffs

2. Guild sarge down a sideline to solo claim jump. 

3. Spending turn one doing as many markers as possible so I can use them with nellies hot off the presses and maybe sam to then shoot those poor burning suckers. 

4. Lucius in any number of combination. 

5. Using nellie, envy,  and an emissary to get a first turn lobotomy on a model.   Any model will do. 

6. Using grimwell with nellie to harvest soulstones. 

7. Revisiting Riflemen and daschel with new lucius and the summon upgrade. 

8. Make allison dade work? (Maybe wardens?)

9. Trappers and or ronin with lucius or nellie

10.  Executioner 

11.  Retry my first turn Sam Hopkins nellie list

12. Does abuela like fast and hair trigger?

13.  How many 3 and 4 stone models in a crew is too many?   Only one way to find out. 

14. Phiona with transparency with hounds. 

15. Retrying the sanctioned spellcaster with lust charge up/card draw list. 

16. Revisit my counterspell aura all witch hunter list. 

• Like 1

I've done #6, it works pretty well and I think I had 9 soulstones at one point.

I still want to try the Dr. list.  McMourning, Sebastian, Nurses, Grimwell, Heartsbane, Orderlies.  I think it could actually work.  Also the Hoffman all-star list.  Peacekeeper, Rail Golem, Joss, & Howard in the same list.

• Like 3

I am also dying to find the list where Samael feels like a beast and my opponent asks to read his card. Maybe Nellie is the answer.

I have done both trappers and ronin with Lucius. The trappers are awesome and I often use one these dayd. Ronin suffered from ml reach 1 (but the rewrite on Lucius might mitigate that somewhat).

I still want to try the pale rider with thr glowing sabre.

Hoffman, Langston and the emmidsary would also be fun to try!

• Like 1

Lucius, Emissary, Phiona, Scribe, Francisco. 3 sources of min 3, bury/slingshot shenanigans, and so many (1) push everybody out of combat and be frustrating. 

I got to try this today:

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 5 Pool
 - Embedded (1)
 - Guild Funds (1)
 - Delegation (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Bishop (10)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Abuela Ortega (7)
 - Hair Trigger (1)
Guild Austringer (6)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)

Against Seamus. Gave Bishop the hat, pushed Abuela up, then Nellie gained 1 evidence, put a marker in front of Abuela as she gained fast, then gave Bishop fast and threw him up to the marker (ram to avoid burning). Bishop ended up across the board charging Hayreddin while Abuela rapid fired a crooligans, then a nurse and doxy. 

• Like 1

Brutal Emissary card order got pushed back 'til the errata'd errata cards are confirmed so that model is back to theoryfaux. Current daydream is to run the 'maximum seething barely restrained hostilities' list, where the emissary only serves to make sure everyone can bury people: Hoffman, emissary, Ryle, Hannah, Anna and relevant upgrades. Lots of copying, lots of burying, lots of "hands off Ryle, bitch", the occasional bout of hair-pulling...and that's before we even get to the enemy! ;)

The LE witchling handler just came to me for a second time, so I'm keeping her this time*, and itching to test her with any of my 'multiple attacks per AP' solutions. In ideal circumstances this would be proven upon the smoldering corpse of Nekima.

*That I received one at random after writing her, the only model I didn't own or play against, into a battle narrative was eerie. That I wrote her in again and received her  at random again was not to be argued against.

• Like 3

My goal this year is to improve my tournament consistency. Sometimes I do well, and others I feel like I take a bad list just so I have an excuse to myself why I lost. To that end, I want to try new things outside of tournament games and see how they work. Here are a few:

1) Does the Pale Rider's 0 action give him a place in Dig their Graves?

2) I have been using a watcher with Nellie to do 0 damage and fuel her df trigger for evidence, gaining 2 soul stones per turn. I want to test if there is a more efficient way to quickly gain evidence.

3) I have never been able to get Sonnia to work. She is the only guild master that I have never won a tournament game with (including pre-errata Lucius). I plan to try Witchling Handlers, Thralls, and constructs with her to find a workable crew.

• Like 1

Had an improvised game today with Lady j (I actually forgot ALL! my cards at home, so I had to borrow my friends Lady J crew, but couldn`t even try any fancy wave 3-4 stuff, due to all the missing cards...) and it worked better than expected :)

So, long story short - I want to try Lady J more - including Recruiters to keep her alive and loads of burying (Marshals, Emissary, Hannah...) to remove anything she can`t deal with :P

Taking a Death Marshal and Hannah in a Perdita crew, burying something with Hannah, making her family and thus wp 10 in the process, never letting the model out of the box again^^

Otherwise - I started palying guild pretty much this year, so there`s loads of stuff to try out^^ (with the exception of McCabe, have played lots of games with him before)

26 minutes ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

Pale Rider and Glowing Sabre is something I need to make happen. McCabe in Guild in general I need to play more.

Tried that once, was a fun game^^

Super strong if it goes off, but very "late gamey" and more of a one trick pony - a very fun and hard hitting one ;)

7 hours ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

Making Dashel work with Wardens and Mounted Guard. Allison Dade thrown in the mix too. Guardsmen lists being viable...

If you just want to make Dashel work, I'd recommend trying him with McCabe. I'd say he's a lot better there than with Lucius. Although, I haven't done it since they changed the companion FAQ, so the Reactivated Rifleman can't chain activate to itself anymore.

Finish another 6 months of Neverborn and finally begin my Guild rotation (6-12 months of committed play for the faction) try Lucius with EVERYTHING (at least every guild model I have) eventually give some time to McCabe, Sonnia and Nellie (when I pick up her box and replace the master model) but pretty much keen to focus on Lucius Primarily and Guild McMourning as secondary with the other three in tow for occasional use.

10 hours ago, Tris said:

Taking a Death Marshal and Hannah in a Perdita crew, burying something with Hannah, making her family and thus wp 10 in the process, never letting the model out of the box again

I did not know that I needed this in my life. 

I'm currently trying to get even more out of Bishop with Nellie, but a functional 7 AP is hard to beat. 

I'm also trying to play Papa with Sonnia without the box. It feels more volatile since Abuela can be put on the Marshal's old slot, but far more devastating if something gets too close to Papa and Criid. 

1 hour ago, DoctorWhat said:

I did not know that I needed this in my life. 

I'm currently trying to get even more out of Bishop with Nellie, but a functional 7 AP is hard to beat. 

I'm also trying to play Papa with Sonnia without the box. It feels more volatile since Abuela can be put on the Marshal's old slot, but far more devastating if something gets too close to Papa and Criid. 

Seems to me like more volatile and dangerous for all parties involved is the way both Sonnia and Loco are meant to be played ;) 

Reporting back sooner than anticipated--spiders burned, and if had the stalker models to run alongside Lucius/handler/Ryle even more spiders would have burned.

New Lucius does play denial prettily. Sniper + Lackeys turned one scheme marker in the midst of the melee into three (set up!) and finally having the ability to interact while engaged at reasonable cost allowed for headhunter vs. spiders and a Lucius gone defensive doesn't mind his crap hand.

The less said about the off-flank, the better. Should've borrowed stalkers to make up those points.

• Like 3

@DoctorWhat Loco starts to look like a big liability when you face trappers and katanaka snipers.

9 hours ago, SoylentRobot said:

I've always wanted to use Leveticus to hire Bete Noire, Killjoy and Ashes & Dust in the same list and see how their resurrection/bury/unbury nonsense would interact. I call it the Gorenado

Doing that after declaring guild sounds almost impossible! ;) Interesting idea nevertheless.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DoctorWhat said:

@Ludvig So don't take him if you suspect that/keep him hidden?

Perdita does a much better job of screwing Outcasts over anyway (except maybe Jack Daw, but that's because Sonnia negates his defenses).

That or get used to hardmode ;) Trappers can turn up in just about any list but some clever walls from a child should protect him if terrain is scarce.

Not sure I would waste Sonnia's time on models with automatic negatives to your damage. I'd rather go after Daw with a min dmg 4-5 model on plus flips to hit but my Sonnia lists are kind of light in that particular department.

I usually don't choose masters based on opposition. I play the same master in every game for extended periods of time.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

That or get used to hardmode ;) Trappers can turn up in just about any list but some clever walls from a child should protect him if terrain is scarce.

Not sure I would waste Sonnia's time on models with automatic negatives to your damage. I'd rather go after Daw with a min dmg 4-5 model on plus flips to hit but my Sonnia lists are kind of light in that particular department.

I usually don't choose masters based on opposition. I play the same master in every game for extended periods of time.

Sonnia can chain blasts to Daw bypassing those negatives.

2 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Sonnia can chain blasts to Daw bypassing those negatives.

I just figured she would be doing so low damage - isn't it 2/3/5? You'll need a lot of blasts but I guess it's better than flailing uselessly. It's also nice to be far away from Ligeia but if you go with Loco you could have problems against those tormented tricks.

Just now, Ludvig said:

I just figured she would be doing so low damage - isn't it 2/3/5? You'll need a lot of blasts but I guess it's better than flailing uselessly. It's also nice to be far away from Ligeia but if you go with Loco you could have problems against those tormented tricks.

Might not be enough to kill him but certainly enough to make him vulnerable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I don't expect to see ligeia.  Child seems like a better choice.