Malifaux online game logger

I am happy to announce the launch of Logfaux, an online game logger for Malifaux!

Logfaux is also a meta monitoring tool, allowing anyone to observe trends within the international Malifaux meta.

You can find it here: logfaux.com

FAQ: http://logfaux.wikia.com/

Report issues: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PvZ7y0M_BZPKObc2JJ6D0duiQaZaG0erCnAjPmV6UnQ

Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/logfaux/

Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Logfaux

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MalifauxVE said:

Hey nice idea, already registered. Any chance to add Venezuela and/or South America to locations?

I'm glad you like it!

Games are tagged by city, which automatically does the tagging by county/state/country/etc. Auto-completion on the City field will help you select the desired location. I input "Cara" and get Caracas in my list of suggestions. If you go ahead and select Caracas and then search for games in Venezuela or games in South America, you will find your game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

It's just that Vassal does not really reflect local meta since you mostly play with people from abroad.

For starters, you should just not tag Vassal games with a city. If you have set a city in your member profile, clear the City field on the New Game and Edit Game pages to achieve this.

I'll make a note of tagging Vassal games as such and enabling the statistics panel to filter for them. It's certainly a feature worth considering. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

Well done, this is pretty fascinating on many levels, particularly when you start breaking it down into formats and tournament/casual play.

Is it possible to have the 'Most Played' in the Masters section as a drop down to show all Masters (as per the win ratios)? It would help make sense of the win ratios.

Awesome work,  look forward to looking at this in depth in 6 months time! Great tool for Wyrd.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scarlett fever said:

Is it possible to have the 'Most Played' in the Masters section as a drop down to show all Masters (as per the win ratios)? It would help make sense of the win ratios.

Sure! I'll make a note of this.

16 hours ago, scarlett fever said:

Awesome work,  look forward to looking at this in depth in 6 months time! Great tool for Wyrd.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Let me clarify, though: Logfaux is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with Wyrd Games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tactician said:

Sure! I'll make a note of this.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Let me clarify, though: Logfaux is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with Wyrd Games.

Aweome, cheers!

Thought as much. Just thinking that this initiative plus the refresh of the UK/US rankings site last year make for great tools for wyrd to use.

I love data analysis and these tools give interesting insights into the metas. Before these I was relying on scraping twitter/facbook/forums/podcasts to get some sort of vague oversight. I still do but these give a more solid foundation. Obviously with a game with almost limitless iterations n=400 or even n=10000 casts just a slither of light across possible power curves/trends but it's fascinating nonetheless.  

• Like 1

Submitting tournament games on Logfaux just got easier!

• Tournaments now have rounds, which consist of a Deployment, a Strategy and five Scheme settings. A tournament can have an arbitrary number of rounds. Once you get to game submission, you will have the option of picking the round the game was played on. This will set the Deployment and Strategy fields and filter the Scheme fields accordingly.
  • Tournament games get their Played on and Format fields pre-set to the tournament's settings.
  • You can add a game from the My Tournaments page by right-clicking the tournament and selecting Add Game.

Many thanks to @Khyodee and @Tris for suggesting these improvements! Looking forward to hearing more!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hello, 

I have another suggestion: differentiating factions for dual-faction masters. I'm curious to know if Guild McMourning is better than its ressers counterpart :)

This has already been asked for and it's on track for the next update (during the following week)!

• Like 1

Are you planning to add crew list records to the system?

It's probably going to introduce a lot of skewed data (like people remembering half of their crew or not remembering their opponent's crew at all), but seeing performance statistics for models and upgrades might be an interesting insight.