Card transport

Loftybloke

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to start this thread, but how do you guys store/transport cards?

I currently have a deckbox in which i'm trying to squeeze all my guild cards plus all the many and varied upgrades from both upgrade decks. Then of course I have at least one fate deck, my strats and schemes deck, and if I might not want to play guild, I have to take my Neverborn deck box too.

Not only am I carrying a lot of cards about, but it seems I might even need more than one for just my guild cards :/

Does anyone have a solution I might not have thought of?

Cheers :)

I now use a book of card sleeves, the kind magic collectors put their trades in. I tried using the 9 card loose pockets in a ring binder, but it ended up being very bulky to carry it all, so I have a book for each faction. It currently fits all carsd for a faction. There would even be enough space for a scheme deck in your main faction. 

Binder is something like this, but I got non branded ones cheaper than this

http://elementgames.co.uk/card-games-board-games-and-more/card-games/accessories/ultra-pro/pro-binder-white?d=22&gclid=CMnExuTavNECFQsR0wod8JgCqA

I use the loose 9 card pocket things, but I put them in a disposable binder without rings, just this metal filament you bend. They add very little bulk but are kind of flimsy. I've looked at the ultra pro ones, and they are definitely sturdier without being much thicker, but they are also kind of expensive for what they do IMO. Perhaps I should see if I can find any no brand stuff somewhere.

I got everything in a single one right now, but I should probably split it up since I can't fit all my models in the case anyway. But then I guess I need another one with just the mercenaries. To be honest I detest the card management part and prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend the cards doesn't exist as much as possible...

1 hour ago, Loftybloke said:

Ah hah, cheers that might be exactly what I'm after :)

Dragonshield boxes and Dragonshield clear sleeves are my choice for the trade. Works incredibly well for MtG and as such goes even longer with Wyrd's cards.
While I can see the advantages of binders and such the quantity you need to thake would still require you to re-insert the cards for a crew build. This set up just allows you to split the cards into Upgrades, Masters+Totems+Henchmen, Enforcers+Minions and Fate Deck. Ideal if you ask me. In most cases you'll also have some room left for tokens and/or measurement gear.

34 minutes ago, JDAntoine said:

Dragonshield boxes and Dragonshield clear sleeves are my choice for the trade. Works incredibly well for MtG and as such goes even longer with Wyrd's cards.
While I can see the advantages of binders and such the quantity you need to thake would still require you to re-insert the cards for a crew build. This set up just allows you to split the cards into Upgrades, Masters+Totems+Henchmen, Enforcers+Minions and Fate Deck. Ideal if you ask me. In most cases you'll also have some room left for tokens and/or measurement gear.

i view it almost exactly the opposite; with a 9-card binder holding everything you can easily flip through, compare your options ("Do I want to take two Union Miners, or should I spring for a Performer? Well, Joss is good, but Captain/Cassandra does a lot as well..."), pull them out, and when the game is done just slide them back in the proper places. Keeps everything nice and neat and organized, and lets me easily examine and compare stats for Theoryfaux.

Also, I've got a weird thing with my hand where shuffling through cards really starts to hurt around card 25-30. Sold my Magic collection because of it, and when some friends tried to drag me into Force of Will I had to bow out despite the anime boobies. So, no boxes for me. Just cards.

The only thing I find vaguely frustrating is how the stat cards are landscape, and the upgrades are portrait.

5 minutes ago, iamfanboy said:

i view it almost exactly the opposite; with a 9-card binder holding everything you can easily flip through, compare your options ("Do I want to take two Union Miners, or should I spring for a Performer? Well, Joss is good, but Captain/Cassandra does a lot as well..."), pull them out, and when the game is done just slide them back in the proper places. Keeps everything nice and neat and organized, and lets me easily examine and compare stats for Theoryfaux.

Also, I've got a weird thing with my hand where shuffling through cards really starts to hurt around card 25-30. Sold my Magic collection because of it, and when some friends tried to drag me into Force of Will I had to bow out despite the anime boobies. So, no boxes for me. Just cards.

The only thing I find vaguely frustrating is how the stat cards are landscape, and the upgrades are portrait.

If you know them by heart it's just a matter of browsing through them alphabetically for me. The question of comparison sometimes comes up but not too often (anymore).

But if shuffeling through cards hurts your hands I'd just stick with the binder. If shuffeling through anime booby cards doesn't hurt your hands you have another problem :P 

The prime reason for me to keep it this way is indeed the horizontal vs vertical card design, which is why I prefer to keep the cards (and tokens etc) seperate in a massive sturdy box.

• Like 1

I think I still have some of the separate binder pages like this  which is what I used for Warmachine/Hordes, so they would all fit into a folder.

I did a test run last night though when our friends came over for a game, and having everything in my lunchtin worked fine, plenty of space for all my factions with dividers and room for tape and tokens too.

Inelegant and may get update but I'm happy for now (I think)

• Like 1

Go for whatever works for you. As I always bring pretty much everything I have (also for the fun of it) and unlike WarmaHordes don't bring pre-constructed armies I personally prefer the loose cards in sleeves route :D. However in any case UltraPro's products work well for any card, Malifaux cards included. So good choice!

On 1/12/2017 at 6:28 AM, Torsul said:

I just use a card binder. I think it's 20 sides, every side stores 18 cards. More then enough room for every available Neverborn Model and Upgrade, some Mercs and 2 scemes& strategy decks :)

IMG-20170107-WA0012.jpeg

^

This is what I do too. I find the binder to be one of the best ways to store and transport cards because you can look at many cards at the same time when building crews and stuff. Wouldn't have it any other way.