a stumped rafkin

HydroMog

so ive been trying to wrap my head around this and for some reason or another i keep hitting a wall. ive used rafkin primarily with mc morning to try and pass around a large amount of poison for a large expunge but that seems to fail more often than not, and when i dont try that he seems to either durdle or die fairly quickly.

so bypassing the usual "can you help me", how has rafkin worked for others?

Like @Fetid Strumpet already said Rafkin kills stuff, passing around poison with him is a byproduct of trying to kill something (and failing to put it down in 1 turn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). Rafkin can hand out a lot of dmg especially if you target already poisoned models (1 AP charge). He is squishy, true. Him dying in a game for me is almost standard. So I always try to hand out as much as dmg as possible before he goes down. Also preparing a model for the doc to then simply expunge right away is something I use him for.

So far I found Rafkin often in a position where he charged off guard models and didn't had much around he could have healed of from / the 0 to do more dmg was situationally better. But this could potentially also just come down to my play style and I should look out more to try healing him and keeping him longer in game to gain more from his points.

The main way I use Rafkin is to target my own models with his ranged attack to spread 1 or 2 poison (with 2 attacks) to everyone hit by the blasts. I like to do that early on if I know several models are within range of both of Sebastian's auras so that they take 3 damage upon activating. Also, If you hit your own model twice with the ranged attack, the first one will do 1 damage to everyone hit, the second one will actually do 2 damage because of "my own concoction".

In a hypothetical perfect turn, that's 3 damage after the 2 blasts, and 6 damage from Sebastian's auras. The perfect storm isn't always happening, but anything between the extremes will. And that's a lot of doggies popping up.

• Like 1

Rafkin makes a great frame for murder target; he's incredibly threatening, deals a huge amount of damage and is easily killed.

Rafkin isn't really about spreading poison, he's about beating things up that are already poisoned.

I usually team Rafkin up with the zombie chihuahua, the chihuahua rolls on up and poisons my target then Rafkin charges in and finishes them off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this out yesterday, and it wasn't horrible: put my little helper on him (I am more impressed with this upgrade every time I use it). If you know you will have something in range that's poisoned, then use the upgrade and he can charge, do a regular attack, and then do the 0 attack twice. Five attacks from him, and something had better be dead. Plus, the turn you do this, nothing outside of 3" can hit him back. Now, if only we had something to lure models into range...

• Like 2