Misdirection and Terracotta Warrior

Somnicide

Question

2 answers to this question

Yeah you can do that, since it just makes the target of Misdirection suffer the effects of the attack action, so the Terracotta Warrior would not be suffering damage from an attack that targeted it, so it could use Thousands Strong.

OTOH there are a couple of triggers that specify that the shunted effect works "as if the new model had been the target", e.g. Dreamer's Safe In My Bed. Any triggers like that* which shunted damage off onto a Terracotta Warrior would not be eligible for Thousands Strong since it's treated as the new model being targeted.

*obviously the dreamer's trigger only works on friendly nightmares, so there's no way you could do it on terracotta warriors but I'm sure there's another eligible trigger somewhere which could work

42 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

*obviously the dreamer's trigger only works on friendly nightmares, so there's no way you could do it on terracotta warriors but I'm sure there's another eligible trigger somewhere which could work

Lucius' Surprisingly Loyal upgrade, Terracotta Warrior is the new target of the action. Devil's Deals just fine though.

• Like 1