Stake a Claim

jclark

Question

Apologies if this has been asked before. I couldnt find anything here or in the FAQ.

If i place a claim marker that is fully within the opponents half of the table, but touches the centerline, does it also count as being on my table half?

I ask because some scenarios (i.e. engagement) touching the outer edge counts while others (i.e. faq protect territory) does not.

1 answer to this question

First off, from the FAQ:

44) How do you measure accurately for the Protect Territory Scheme?

Protect Territory states that you score VP for Scheme Markers which are “at least” 6" away from your Deployment Zone. This means that you score VP for any Scheme Marker which is exactly 6" (or more) away from your deployment zone. The Scheme Marker is exactly 6" away if the closest edge is exactly 6" away from your Deployment Zone. If any portion of the Scheme Marker is closer than that, then it is not at least 6"away.

That's still 'any part counts', but since it deals with a requirement to be away, it's "any part counts to disqualify you". :)

On the other hand, the centerline divides the table in half, so the centerline isn't on either half of the table.  That means that you need to covering a point on the table beyond the centerline to be one a side of the table.  (Since the requirement is to be "on" the table half, not "touching" the table half.).  So 'and part counts' but you need to be past the center line, not just touching the center line.