Appetizing Mayor or Sloppy Protection?

Tris

Question

I was musing about a very specific question lately, and decided to ask now to be certain:

How does the Slop Haulers "Appetizing" condition interact with some of the Df buffing conditions in the game?

So, Appetizing reads:

"This models Df is reduced to 4, ignore all bonuses to this models Df."

So I´m pretty sure that an "El Mayor" protected models Df would be reduced to 4 regardless of Franciscos condition, right?

But what about the Metal Gamins "Protection of Metal":

"This models has Df 6. This models Df may not be altered by other abilities, Actions, Upgrades or conditions."

-> Appetizing ignores all bonuses to a models Df, Protection of Metal says the models Df can`t be altered but makes it 6 (is that considered a bonus?), so I guess "Protection of Metal" overwrites "Appetizing"?

So you can see, I have my opinions, but want to be sure^^

Thank you in advance

3 answers to this question

I would say Appetizing would override El Mayor for the Def stat as it is a +2 bonus to the stat.  That said I would say Protection of Metal overrides Appetizing.  It is not a bonus to your stat, your Stat is replaced by the Df6 and it cannot be altered by other abilities, Actions, Upgrades or conditions.  The difference here is if you had a model with Df7 and you used Protection of Metal on it, they would instead have Df6 as it replaced the stat.  It is not a bonus or reduction to a stat, it Replaces the stat and makes it so it cannot be altered. 

It kind of makes me think of Hard to Kill, it is not damage reduction or prevention, it is an effect that is outside the two just as Protection of Metal is neither a bonus or negative to the stat.