What are you getting?

D_acolyte

Simple question: What are you getting?

I am going with the commander level so I have 2 units of warped, 1 unit of stalking portals, 1 unit of doomseekers, Adeodatos and Fenton. I am planning on getting a breachling for the doomseekers to summon and the Immolated RHINO!!! because who does not want a rhino made of fire. Then I am debating getting on of the other squads.

I am skipping Horomatangi in the hopes of the Court of Two. If you are taking Horomatangi what of the Gibbering Horde are you looking at adding?

As much as I can get away with :P Specifically, I'm going Commander and grabbing one of everything I'm not getting for free (so, Horomatangi, Cinnamon, 3 units, and the Cult Fate Deck).  If we don't get up to $375k I'll add on a Breachling as well.  Gotta get those LE cards!  I am restricting myself to only one of the things I could get doubles of though, so if during my time playing on Vassal I find that I like doubles of X model I can go to the LGS for that. 

I'm a Tyrant pledge, and basically picking up 1x of each Abyssinia and Cult addon, except for those that are potential freebies (250k mark units, and hoping we get at least one adjunct and champion freebie tier). If we don't hit the free Champion tier (which is 125k away), I might look at a Rail Gunner/Breachling as well. Basically sticking to one of each, and if I decide I like something enough to run multiples, I'll buy when they hit retail. As you may tell...I'm skipping gaming purchases for the next three or four months. My backlog will thank me, anyways :P

As for Horo, I'd have to see the full extent of Gibbering Hordes options, (we haven't seen all the unit cards yet, have we? They moved a bunch from stretch goals to just available addons, but we only saw the Whelks right?) In any event, I think the Whelps are a good option since they prevent Pinned token gain, which in conjunction with some of our Reinforcement options outside of normal Reinforcement token gain (Warped glory side, Twisted Horrors either side) makes it much more likely they can Reinforce.

More or less one of everything minus what I am getting for free. I haven't added on a Raving Madman, but I figured we will get there. I did pick up a Breachling, but I figure getting two or three wouldn't be a bad thing (especially seeing how little Scrip they cost). I also picked up the Cult Fate Deck.

I did go Dual Commander mainly to get a good mix of units for Horo. Also, it gets me my two favorite looking Horde models (Alpha Crawler and the Armored Whelks).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm grabbing the commander level, plus Twisted Horrors, Broken and a Breachling. Should be more than enough for a 2 commander game, since I'm planning to use one squad of warped to test colour schemes.

As much as I'd like to get more, my finances will only stretch so far so I'm leaving the rest until the game's released proper.

Well I started with a Commander pledge for Abyssinia but the more I saw of cult the more I loved the aesthetics. I'm now at a Dual Commander with 2 or 3 add ons for each as well as both LE Syndicate Champions because I am not able to adult very well :huh: I can only help my will is strong enough to not add more when the backer kit opens..... Spoiler Alert: it's not looking good.