Marcus, where to go?

drakeman

When I play Marcus I tend to take a couple hounds, normally 2 Guild Hounds and 1 Canine remain though if I need split them up pull out another canine remain.  I don't tend to use Corrupted Hounds because their primary bonus is to actions that are out of activation, which Marcus does not do himself.  In turn I find the Canine remains useful as it has that -1 Defense aura which can make the other dogs more accurate.  They have always done fairly well for me, or at least worth their points.  Three activations for 10ss is not bad at all.

• 1 month later...

Ok, hah sorry to ruin the fun, but in my opinion this Bishop thing is getting out of hand... Few things to keep in mind:

1. Bishop can't be holder of Pack Leader, because he is not a Beast before the start of game. You have to have the Beast characteristic to choose Pack Leader

2. Bishop is an enforcer, not a henchman. So even if he could hold Pack Leader, he couldn't hold Pack Leader and I.E. at same time.

3. Bishop has a 1" reach and a 4" walk. It takes a very specific scenario for him to be able to take advantage of all these attacks. 

4. Bishop is D6 with no armor, no H2W, and no H2K. His defensive trigger is sick, but any opponent worth their salt will know what is coming when Bishop is taken in a Marcus list. He can go down fast unless you are very careful. And if you are very careful, chances are he isn't in position to take advantage of all of these smell fear attacks.

5. Bishop with I.E. in a Marcus list will cost as much as Howard or a Mech Rider!

• Like 2

Well, "getting out of hand" seems a bit harsh considering no posts talking up the Bishop thing were actually made in over a month... 

Pack Leader doesn't actually need to be on Bishop himself, though. As long as he's a made into a Beast during the game he can benefit from it, or so I understand? 

I agree with the Hounds concept. A few fast bodies for a relatively small ss investment is really good. It can be tough to get Marcus' alphastriking to work if you're heavily outnumbered.

I'm leaning towards 2 Guild Hounds, a Canine Remains, Jackalope and a Malifaux Raptor. Seems like it'd be a decent core of 5 cheap bodies for only 15ss, with some options for turning other models into Beasts too. Just don't do this if Hunting Party's in the pool :P

• Like 1

Without a doubt, he doesn't often get 9 attacks in a turn but he can routinely get 3 that ignore almost all defensive triggers, and 6 if you get him to a position where his Alpha goes off. My Bishop list is:

Marcus (Trail, Hunger, Feral)

Myranda (Imbued)

Cerberus (Pack Leader)

Bishop

Cassandra (PP)

Raptor 

Jackalope

Its crazy geared toward alpha strike and I only take it into certain match ups where I know I'm not gonna see it wiped out. However, I played 25 gamed with this crew and my record ended up being 13-10-2. So all in all a positive experience. If I had to revamp it, I would drop Cassandra to Angelica and add Imbued to Bishop. Alternately Bishop could be switched for a Rogue Necro

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

Without a doubt, he doesn't often get 9 attacks in a turn but he can routinely get 3 that ignore almost all defensive triggers, and 6 if you get him to a position where his Alpha goes off. My Bishop list is:

Marcus (Trail, Hunger, Feral)

Myranda (Imbued)

Cerberus (Pack Leader)

Bishop

Cassandra (PP)

Raptor 

Jackalope

Its crazy geared toward alpha strike and I only take it into certain match ups where I know I'm not gonna see it wiped out. However, I played 25 gamed with this crew and my record ended up being 13-10-2. So all in all a positive experience. If I had to revamp it, I would drop Cassandra to Angelica and add Imbued to Bishop. Alternately Bishop could be switched for a Rogue Necro

How can Bishop ignore defensive triggers?

1 hour ago, hydranixx said:

To be fair, he still can get around most Defensive Triggers, since most of them are off Df and he can attack WP. He can ignore any Df Trigger if it suits his purpose, just not any Wp/Df Trigger.

Come to think of it, are there any Wp exclusive Defensive Triggers?

Pandora's. There are a few stubvorn models thoufh so be careful ;)